Photo

Any word on when this is going to be released?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

The playtest is over, and I'm wondering how long we need to wait to get the pdf (especially for those that purchased the Beta) and/or hardcopy. Anyone have any information?

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#2 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Assume that it will be out before the year ends.

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#3 HTMC

HTMC

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

I feel like in time for Christmas would be a good bet. Presumably they have to round up and make all their changes, proofread the new document, and then get it send off to be printed. I don't know exactly how they're printing and shipping cycle works, but I assume it's at least a couple months? If anyone has any actual knowledge feel free to chime off :-P

Short answer: I honestly have no idea :-P

#4 TorogTarkdacil812

TorogTarkdacil812

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

Bookdepository has it listed as second half of October and it used to be fairly accurate (with a two-three weeks after official release). Unfortunately, after last few supplements, used to is operative phrase… 

There is nothing as good as seeing rebel scum running out of a cave full of gas, right into the blasters of your battalion-–well, except sunrises, but for those you have to get up early.

#5 Kasatka

Kasatka

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

Maelstromgames lists it as end of november, which sounds about right to be honest. We (in the UK) normally have to wait till october for FFG games shown at gencon, and with the extra proofreading and errata to be added in before printing another month of delay sounds about right.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper.

Only those that prosper may truly judge what is sane.

#6 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

The sooner the better. Can't wait to get my mits on this one.

I should say that I got a notice last November from Amazon that the book was coming out in two weeks. This was amusing as we were still writing it at the time, so you'll forgive me if I don't trust projected release dates on websites - not even book depository! 

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#7 Kasatka

Kasatka

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

H.B.M.C. said:

The sooner the better. Can't wait to get my mits on this one.

I should say that I got a notice last November from Amazon that the book was coming out in two weeks. This was amusing as we were still writing it at the time, so you'll forgive me if I don't trust projected release dates on websites - not even book depository! 

BYE

Amazon use a largely automated system to manage their listed release dates on items. As FFG stock takes months to get from China where its printed to their HQ to then be distributed in the US before finally being shipped over to the UK, Amazon basically cannot handle it and keep changing release dates and making them up based on nothing at all. Their customer service are rubbish at handling with complaints about this and after a group of us got given vouchers for our constant complaining and demands to escalate our complaints we have since stopped using them. 

Esdeviumgames are the exclusive supplier of a number of gaming companies to the UK and oftentimes if you just get in touch with them they can give you a good estimate of delivery times. 

Of course if you are in any other country than the UK then none of that will help. I'd suggest you find out who your FFG supplier is and contact them directly.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper.

Only those that prosper may truly judge what is sane.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS