FFG World Championship "Fellowship Event"

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

So I glanced at it but initially missed this little tid-bit…

http://www.fantasyfl...b-Downsized.pdf

At the FFG World Champtionship, on November 11th, there will be a LOTR LCG Fellowship Event.

What do you think this event will hold for the lucky folks that will attend? (I won't be one of them unfortunately…)

#2 zeb

zeb

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

Nice event. 

HaveFFG published tournament rules? Also will they publish new rulings that will certainly need to be made during the tournament?  

#3 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:53 AM

Very interesting. What is this? I dont think is a real tournament but look like some organize program for play some kind of event. Maybe is a first step to tournament system? I heard they will issue some game kit where will be some encounter cards to make previous quest more interesting and hard. Look like is kind of program for play in the store. Not like a tournament, just kind of fun like Decipher Lotr LCG Race to mount doom pack.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#4 carnage4u

carnage4u

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:58 AM

This game is very enjoyable, but part of the appeal is the "co-op" I dont understand why there needs to be a "championship" for a game that is built around being co-op.

#5 starhawk77

starhawk77

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

I don't think this will be any sort of a competitive "championship." In all likelihood, it'll just be a sanctioned social gaming session. FFG may supply a new scenario a la Battle of Laketown (or may even offer a preview of the Numenor box), but they explicitly did not refer to this event as a "championship." 

#6 Style75

Style75

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

carnage4u said:

This game is very enjoyable, but part of the appeal is the "co-op" I dont understand why there needs to be a "championship" for a game that is built around being co-op.

+1 to this.

If I want to play in a competitive tournament I can play any number of CCG's. In fact, the market is flooded with them. The greatest strength of this game is the fact it is co-op. I hope this event is something fun that a gaming group/pair/individual can attend, have a great time playing together against the encounter deck, and maybe take home a promo card.

RPG companies like "Wizards of the Coast" or "Paizo" run game nights all the time where people can show up and have an adventure with D&D or Pathfinder. Everyone has fun in a non-competitive, co-operative event. I hope FFG takes a page from the RPG scene and runs the LoTR:LCG events the same way.

#7 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

Hello there,

I must admit that the perspective of a mysterious Lord of the Rings Event was rather exciting.
However It seems that it has been canceled.
Is it the truth ?

May we have a closer insight into what it should have been ?

Thanks for your time.

EDIT : I also posted the same question on  the World Championship thread. Just in case it would be any problem…

#8 Moses2813

Moses2813

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

I went to Roseville (Minneaplis) last weekend.  I posted the thread "Report from Roseville".  I will be adding a few things when I have time this week.  I posted what I did from my phone at the airport.

#9 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

I'll have a look at it. Thanks !

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS