Keeper Action Card Question - Maniac Attack

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 g3air

g3air

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

In Scenario I - using the 1B answer, and after a few turns, here is a situation at the beginning of the Keeper's turn: A Maniac is alone in a room. He has 2 damage and is stunned.

If the Keeper uses the "Maniac Attack" action card by using 4 threat counters to "fully heal a manic," does that "full heal" remove the stun as well as the damage?

Also, if the Maniac does not have a sample, can he be moved "to any space" as the action card states?

I guess if the heal removes the stun, then he should be able to move. What if the stun is still there? Does the language of the action card override the stunned condition of the monster, thus allowing movement?

And if he can be moved, what does "to any space" mean? Does it mean to any space in the Mansion or to any adjacent space or what?

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

"Full heal" should include status effects, yes. I believe the idea is that you're replacing the maniac completely. This would support the interpretation that "any space" indeed means that. And it would be fair, considering that the ability costs 4 threat points.

#3 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

I'm with Tibs on this one.

Seems like a lot of threat on a half-crappy card otherwise…

#4 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:00 AM

I disagree on this.  Don't have the Maniacs stats near, so can't recall how many HP Maniacs have, but the term Heal for me affect Health, not Status or Condition.

Your Maniac would still be healed to full HP but would remain stunned for the turn.

That's how we'd play it.

#5 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:57 AM

I think that thematicly it's another maniac appearing, instead of the one magically teleporting half the board away.

#6 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

Nidhögg said:

I think that thematicly it's another maniac appearing, instead of the one magically teleporting half the board away.

I think thematically it's the opposite, there is only one Maniac (since you can only have one in play a time) and that's Walter Lynch. It could be magic or it could just be some secret door only he knows/can open.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#7 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

Is there not a chance you can have two maniacs in play at one time? The regular one and the one named maniac (Walter), if you play one of the objects.

Walter is placed after the investigators find clue 1 so he is not placed by the Maniac Attack keepercard. Wich means there's no restriction about having more than one maniac in play at the same time. In that case the ordinary maniac can't be Walter.

But maybee I'm wrong on this and have forgotten some rule or mechanic for the scenario. I dont have the game in front of me at this time…

#8 g3air

g3air

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

So far, there is no consensus.

I would offer one additional thought: the title of the action card is "Maniac Attack". this would seem to imply the result of the card is the possibility of an attack by the maniac. If you follow that logic, then the maniac should be able to move and attack. This in turn, would imply the maniac is no longer stunned and can move to any space on the board.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS