How Much Stuff Are You Getting?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

I know there has been some discussion about what folks might get (especially when it comes to the number of starter sets).  I'm curious to hear what folks finally ended up ordering (your initial order, not what you might buy in the future)?

I ordered 2 starters, and 2 of each booster.  That will give me 4 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wings, 6 TIE Fighters, and 2 TIE Advanced.  That was about $130 at Miniature Market (which qualified for free S/H).  A little expensive, but not too bad considering a single case of random Star Wars Minis (my other game of choice) cost nearly just as much and didn't give me everything I wanted.

If things go well I could see ordering more to have larger games. But, I think this will give me lots of options to start with to see how much I like it.

What does your initial order include?

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  2 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  2 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

FIRST PLACE:  2012 Kessel Run (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Imperial Outpost, Glendale AZ); 2014 Store Championship (Desert Sky Games, Gilbert AZ); 2014 Assault on Imdaar Alpha (Game Depot, Tempe AZ)

#2 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

I have two starters coming, and one of each booster (except for the y-wing, getting two of those).  I may pick up a second Tie booster, to round out the squad.

#3 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

So I already have 1 core, 2 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 1 TIE Fighter, 1 TIE Advanced.

My pre-order consists of 2 core, 1 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 2 TIE Fighter, 1 TIE Advanced

Grand total 6 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 9 TIE Fighters, 2 TIE Advanced.

Welcome to the FFG Star Wars RPG Index 

#4 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

I'm getting one each of the Core and expansions.

#5 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

One of each thing (including the dice set) - enough to see if I like the game, and to get a feel for how much I might be playing it.

#6 Highball

Highball

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

So I already have 1 core, 2 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 1 TIE Fighter, 1 TIE Advanced.

My pre-order consists of 2 core, 1 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 2 TIE Fighter, 1 TIE Advanced

Grand total 6 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 9 TIE Fighters, 2 TIE Advanced.

Sounds fairly similar to mine.

GenCon purchase: 1 core, 1 X-wing, 1 Y-wing, 2 Tie, 2 TIE Adv.

Pre-Order: 1 core, 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 4 TIE

Total: 6 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 10 TIE, 2 TIE Advanced

#7 RockSoldier

RockSoldier

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

1 of everything except the extra dice

I am an unemployed student, so I really couldn't even afford that, but I just had to get it.

#8 bsmith13

bsmith13

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

3 x Starters
3 x Y-Wings
1 x X-Wing
1 x TIE Fighter
1 x TIE Advanced

That should cover the need for more dice and a TIE Swarm.  I might need more TIE Advanced, though.

#9 GunslingerSix

GunslingerSix

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

At GenCon I bought:

3-Core

3- Y-wing

3- X-Wing

2- Tie

2- Tie Advanced

I'll probably buy another Core, 2 more Ties, 1 more Tie Advanced, and 1 more X-Wing.

#10 Jaster

Jaster

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

I have 1 core pack, 1 X-Wing, 1Tie Advance and 2 Y-Wing boosters with 2 core packs and 1 Tie Advance booster ordered.

#11 DavicusPrime

DavicusPrime

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

First Order:

• 2 Starters
  • 1 of each of the Expansions

This should give me and my kids all we need to play at the 100pt level with options.

Second Order: Minimum

• An Additional Y-wing
  • An Additional TIE Advanced

I already planned on getting these but was already hitting the bottom of the "Toy Fund" with the first order.  After playing with what I've got, I may add more.  But I might just wait for the next wave to do much more.  I absolutely MUST have a pair of A-Wings and 2-4 TIE Interceptors.  And the Falcon and Slave-1 of course.

Depending on how this game grows, and if it gains a following locally will greatly influence what gets added later on.

-DavicusPrime

#12 rhaak

rhaak

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

2 x base game
2 x X-Wing expansion
4 x TIE-Fighter expansion
4 x Y-Wing expansion
4 x TIE-Advanced x1 expansion

Gives me a total of:

--------Rebels---------------
4 x X-Wing
4 x Y-Wing 
--------Empire---------------
8 x TIE-Fighter 
4 x TIE-Advanced x1

#13 Jaster

Jaster

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

rhaak said:

2 x base game
2 x X-Wing expansion
4 x Y-Wing expansion

Gives me a total of:

4 x X-Wing
4 x Y-Wing 
8 x TIE-Fighter 
4 x TIE-Advanced x1

Save yourself some money and get 2 more core packs instead of getting 2 x-wing and 4 tie expansions, it will cost you less and you'll have spare dice, movement markers etc etc…

#14 rhaak

rhaak

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Jaster said:

rhaak said:

2 x base game
2 x X-Wing expansion
4 x Y-Wing expansion

Gives me a total of:

4 x X-Wing
4 x Y-Wing 
8 x TIE-Fighter 
4 x TIE-Advanced x1

Save yourself some money and get 2 more core packs instead of getting 2 x-wing and 4 tie expansions, it will cost you less and you'll have spare dice, movement markers etc etc…

I allready got 2 cores. How many markers and dice do you need ? It also costs slightly less to get 2 x-wing and 4 tie expansions.

#15 Zoso

Zoso

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

You also don't get the different pilots if you don't get the expansion pack. 

#16 Jaster

Jaster

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

Zoso said:

You also don't get the different pilots if you don't get the expansion pack. 

Ah yeah that's true good point.

#17 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

Order arriving next week:

4 core sets

2 TIE expansions

2 X-Wing expansions

4 Y-Wing expansions

4 TIE Advanced expansions

The idea was to keep the costs lower with the core sets vs. TIE / X-Wing expansions, have enough dice, markers, etc available for 4 players (2 per faction), and have the option to field the max amount of ships per pilot type.  Order was placed early on when we were all still guessing about the pt costs, pilots, etc. 

Based on others in the forum I'm headed to Joann fabrics today for some felt and hopefully have the right size Plano storage bins to work from the SW Starships minis I just sold. 

#18 ImmortalJedi

ImmortalJedi

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

I ordered 2 Core Sets and 2 of each Expansion from my local FGS, and am hoping to the call next week that they are there and ready to be picked up!

#19 ironman

ironman

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

2 core sets, 1 x wing, 2 y wings, 2 ties and 1 tie advanced, for a total of 3 x wings, 3 y wings, 6 ties and 2 x advanced, which should be enough to be grouped well for a 6 player game. 3 rebel players with an x and a y each, and 3 imperial players, 1 with 2 advanced and 2 with 3 ties each.

#20 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:29 AM

At Gen Con I picked up: 1 Core Set, 2 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wings 1 TIE Fighter, and 1 TIE Advanced.  In hindsight, I wish I had gotten more TIE Fighters and TIE Advanced fighters.

Whenever the game drops, I plan to get 1 or 2 more of each ship.  Unless the dice packs arrives with the rest of the game, I plan to get one of those as well.  If not, then I'll get another Core set.  I might just get another Core Set anyway.  We'll see what happens when the time comes.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS