2 replies to this topic

#1 Sandacz

Sandacz

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

Hi,

I'm quite new to WFRP, but looking through internet for answer to a question:

Are there in any hanbook/corebook/espansion rules for using different shield sizes? In many systems one could distinguish simple infantry shileld from e.g. cavalry kite-shield or tower shield. I know that some assumptions were taken to facilitate the game and ease the play, but i used to differentiate the shields, and wanted to ask some wisemen instead of researching the wheel again.  Do you know any official or good-working home rules for such equipment?

Thank you in advance!

#2 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

Warhammer has been typically a system which has not taken too much effort to detail neither weapons nor armours. In the second edition you have only a differentiation between the buckler (a small shield) and the "normal" round or kite shield. Later on, in the supplement Old World Armoury, they introduced the Pavise, a large shield used for cover, not to parry. As far as I know there is nothing else as official material.

I have no idea regarding house rules, for this you better ask in the forums of strike-to-stun.net, there you have a very active community of both the 2nd and 1st editions of the game. Good luck.

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#3 Sandacz

Sandacz

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hi Yepesnopes,

Thank you for your answer and advice!

Br

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS