Photo

Has anyone played games over 100 pts ( not including GenCon)?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:31 AM

Anyone have enough product yet to play large games? What kind of issues do you run into during the larger games? 

#2 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

I'm anxious to try out larger games as well.  The main issues of course I would think would be the additional time and complexity of maneuvering so many ships around.  The other issue at this point would be getting enough fighters together.

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#3 Highball

Highball

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

With the stuff that I and my cousin currently have we can only play up to a 200 point game.  Even at that point level is seems that the Imperial swarm gets more and more powerful.  We still have Rebel wins, but the healing of even R2D2 can even be overpowered quickly.

#4 GunslingerSix

GunslingerSix

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

We played a 150-point per side game with four players.  The game ran just as smooth as a smaller game.  No issues whatsoever.

#5 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:42 AM

What's the ship count (including upgrades)?  And do you usually add more "experienced" pilots, or load up on "scrub" pilots (cannon fodder) with the necessary upgrades?

#6 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

I actually played a smaler game, only 50 points, and it didn't really go any faster.  I can only imagine bigger games not really going much slower.  Rvery one deciding their movement at once really helps things.  Once your move turn comes arround you have to do what you decided and it goes pretty fast.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#7 crackerbox

crackerbox

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

We played a 200 point game once and it took a long time. Not only that, but we had a lot more problems with ships often being knocked around and bumped as we were trying to place the movement tracks. Another problem we had was frequent collisions with other ships. It was a lot more difficult to maneuver your ships with so many on the field.

Still, it was a lot of fun.

#8 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

crackerbox said:

We played a 200 point game once and it took a long time. Not only that, but we had a lot more problems with ships often being knocked around and bumped as we were trying to place the movement tracks. Another problem we had was frequent collisions with other ships. It was a lot more difficult to maneuver your ships with so many on the field.

Still, it was a lot of fun.

Did you increase the table size? With a 200 point game (essentially two 100 pt games) you should most likely be playing on about a 3x6 or 4x6 table. (consider each 100 pt game should be on a 3x3).

#9 2BitGeek

2BitGeek

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

Just an idea:

With so many ships, it might be fun/useful to modify the obstacle rule to include other ships. More ships in the same space would realistically up the chance of collisions, it would add some randomness to the game, and it might go quicker with ships blowing up faster.

#10 kaffis

kaffis

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

2BitGeek said:

Just an idea:

With so many ships, it might be fun/useful to modify the obstacle rule to include other ships. More ships in the same space would realistically up the chance of collisions, it would add some randomness to the game, and it might go quicker with ships blowing up faster.

That would be an interesting variation to try.

As for play space, I'd probably stick to 4x4, as keeping the play space square would probably top the "lost" 11% of playspace you'd have shrinking 9 sq. feet per 100 points down to just 16 sq. feet for 200.

Unless, of course, you were creating missions that made having a "long edge" and a "short edge" tactically interesting.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS