Anybody in Kansas City

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 gokubb

gokubb

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

We have a couple people in our play group that have picked up the game and looking for some organized play once it starts up.

#2 AussieKSU

AussieKSU

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

Not during Chiefs season, as it is illegal in the state to do anything other than support the team when the season is going.

#3 DMF

DMF

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

I live in Leavenworth; not to far north of KC. Where do you guys usually play at?

#4 Ulairi

Ulairi

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

I'm sure people will be playing it at the battlezone in Overland Park

#5 Husemann

Husemann

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

I have also picked up a copy, but I don't know anywhere else in my area that supports FFG's LCGs. I live near the Gladstone area though.

#6 DMF

DMF

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

Well I know that 31st Century Games as well as Tabletop Games and Hobby sell FFG products and they have large gaming areas as well. Not sure if they have regular tournaments or league set up for LCGs though.

#7 gokubb

gokubb

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

I usually go to either 31st Century or Tabletop as well. I know they're both carrying the games, as well as most other FFG LCG products.

#8 crawdadr

crawdadr

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

First there is no Battlezone any longer (uless stu opened a new one)

But me and a friend also play in OP. So far it is a good game and we realy like it. Perhaps we can set up some kind of regional tournament at the next Recruits? But until then which location would be better for most to go too? I believe Table Top has more space but I know they always have alot going on too. 31st seem to have the play times open but their space is limited since there gaming area is in the middle of the store.

Both are great stores though and I would be fine with playing in either.

Russel M

#9 DMF

DMF

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

I am also fine with both locations. Personally the weekends would be best for me as I work long hours during the week. What times would work for you guys?

#10 crawdadr

crawdadr

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

maybe every other week or once a month on a saturday or sunday.

#11 zedward

zedward

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

I live in West Plaza… will be getting my copy this weekend hopefully. Next Wednesday there is a BGG meetup at the KC Library Plaza Branch for board gamers. Someone should bring their copy of NR :)

#12 zedward

zedward

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

Update: Snagged the last copy at Game Cafe tonight (they have more arriving next week). Anyone near West Plaza want to get some games in?

#13 DMF

DMF

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

@zedward: time and location?

#14 zedward

zedward

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

DMF said:

@zedward: time and location?

Gah! I just saw this… My son and I hung out at Barnes & Nobles for a couple of hours playing A:NR and learning the rules. I'm off tomorrow… trying to think of a public place besides the library that has large tables conducive to a game that requires so much surface area. I guess we can push a couple of tables together at B&N? Are you free tomorrow (Monday)?

Also, I reserved the Large Meeting Room at the KC Library Plaza Branch Wednesday afternoon and evening for board gaming, and advertised the event on boardgamegeek.com and meetup.com. Hopefully it will be well attended and have a good mix of people and games. This is relevant because I am bringing my copy of A:NR ;)

#15 crawdadr

crawdadr

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:01 AM

Well your best bet is almost always your local game shop. Both Table Top in Overland Park and 31st Century in olathe would have table space on most days. Check their scheduals and they may be willing to add you to their callender.

#16 zedward

zedward

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

What would the interest be in an A:NR tournament at KC Game Fair in November? I am hoping the A:NR game night kits will be ready by then.

#17 crawdadr

crawdadr

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

I will be there playing in Heros of Rokugan so I would be down for that. You would need to contact them quick to get the event listed.

#18 zedward

zedward

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

crawdadr said:

I will be there playing in Heros of Rokugan so I would be down for that. You would need to contact them quick to get the event listed.

I thought the event registration opened very recently. It looks like there are only a few events booked as of now, and I cannot get anyone involved with KC Game Fair to email me back to answer simple questions before I register my event.

#19 crawdadr

crawdadr

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:32 AM

Be persistant they are gamers so most likely not paying attention

But keep at them and they will contact you back. This could be very important for the game in this area. We need a good player base and that means people need to see it played and be able to get involved early in the game.

#20 DMF

DMF

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

I won't be able to make it on Wednesday. I think a tournament at the KC game fair would work. However I agree that the local game stores are best. If everybody can possibly agree on a regular day/night to play I will contact the owners to see if we can get it put on the calendar. Personally I prefer weekends but i could make it to 31st century or tabletop games on weeknights.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS