#1 Claw

Claw

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

Privateer: Glory & Plunder
A Tales From The Foundling Frontier Game

http://foundlingfrontier.freeforums.org/index.php

I’m currently looking for a few players to join this new game. As a basic setup, the players will be the crew of a Rogue Trader NPC who’s working as a privateer. This game will start a Rank 1 and there is limited availability for one xeno character. While the execution of each mission will be completely open (I like players with wild ideas) the game will otherwise follow a linear path – as the Rogue Trader is being played by the GM you won’t be able to go flying off elsewhere, for example.

To give you a clue as to the sort of thing you’ll be getting up to; on the first outing the crew will be infiltrating a mercenary/renegade/ork fleet and attempting to assassinate the warboss or otherwise mess up their plans before they can get off the ground. Quite a considerable task, so plenty of cunning will be needed.

This game is being played as part of a much larger meta-story, which you can read about below and on the forum. If you’re not interested in all that, however, you’re more than welcome to join us all the same – despite being connected to a larger story this game is stand alone.

Game Premise
Over the last two years – and two distinct games – I’ve been writing and GMing an epically scaled Rogue Trader game (originally unnamed but more recently called The Black Expanse).

Beginning rather humbly as a simple multi-ship game it has since become a massive campaign of conquest, intrigue and dark heretical works. With over two years of actual, real gameplay and more than twenty fully fleshed out recurring non-player characters the game has most definitely grown far too big for its boots. As such, I’ve been working with one of my players (who’s been with me since the start) to revolutionise my complex setting.

This “new” game – Tales From The Foundling Frontier – forms the second sequel to my huge story, but will not be limited to a single setting (FFG product line). Rather, it will be told using the “novel” style; think of something like The Wire, Durarara or Pulp Fiction where a number of only slightly related characters, situations and points of view fit together to tell a complete story – in this case, the story of the Foundling Frontier (the renamed Foundling Worlds, currently in the process of being pacified by a small crusade).

Simply put; each game system here will be represented as its own individual game with completely different characters, themes and objectives all of which contribute to a wider story. These games will be played consecutively – rather than simultaneously – and players will have the chance to have a different character in every sort of story (or just the ones they like, taking a break when their game is on hiatus or perhaps running small side stories until we return to that game).

The first game is Privateer: Glory & Plunder and it should be fairly jolly swashbuckling romp with the grimdark toned down (typically my grimdark dial goes to elven). Even if you’re not interested in the big meta-story, I’m sure you’ll have some fun with it.

#2 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

I might be interested as I've never done a Rogue Trader game before. Is it just to log in and upload a character on the site if we're interested?

#3 Claw

Claw

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

Pretty much. Full instructions are on the site, at this link, so please read there before you start:

http://foundlingfrontier.freeforums.org/character-creation-t25.html

#4 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:34 AM

Due to a certain escalation of events in my life I feel that I will not have time for this game. Sadly.

#5 BangBangTequila

BangBangTequila

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

So, you say that dark heretical workings and a very free form approach are welcome…

I am extremely interested. What characters do you need to flesh out the crew?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS