• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Aeonim

Aeonim

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

Hi there!

Assuming you want to play with unrevealed, facedown gates full of abominable surprise, how do you handle moving gates?

Is it possible at all without a separate player as a "game master"?

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,602 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

Not really. I personally abandoned hidden gates long ago, specifically, when Dunwich was released.

Alternately, you could continue playing facedown gates, noting that a gate doesn't inherit its properties until it's revealed. It won't be a moving gate until an investigator enter it, and then it might move (thus becoming non-sealable) before the investigator returns.

#3 John Bua

John Bua

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

That is what I do.   The  investigator destablises it when he passes through it, I figure.

#4 Tbla

Tbla

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

John Bua said:

That is what I do.   The  investigator destablises it when he passes through it, I figure.

What do you do with devouring gates and the ones that add doom tokens (the name just fell out of my mind)?

#5 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

Tbla said:

John Bua said:

What do you do with devouring gates and the ones that add doom tokens (the name just fell out of my mind)?

Yeah, I thought that with the Lurker gates it would be impossible to play them "face-down".

#6 arkhamresident

arkhamresident

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:51 AM

Tbla said:

John Bua said:

The gate's ability on triggers if it opens on an investigator and since when a gate opens on an investigator they immediately go through it there's no issue.  The only problem you run into with playing LatT gates face down is the movers don't move until they're flipped over.

The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

Mark Twain

#7 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:57 AM

arkhamresident said:

Tbla said:

John Bua said:

The gate's ability on triggers if it opens on an investigator and since when a gate opens on an investigator they immediately go through it there's no issue.  The only problem you run into with playing LatT gates face down is the movers don't move until they're flipped over.

Excellent point :P

#8 Tbla

Tbla

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

arkhamresident said:

Tbla said:

John Bua said:

Of course. How could I miss that?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS