card artwork

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

Let me be the first to applaud the art direction this game has taken! Most of the cards featured in the preview page and the game article itself have already been seen in GenCon photos, but Leia Organa and Grand Moff Tarkin are new, and both look spectacular…though I'm surprised that someone like Tarkin doesn't care to watch the destruction of a planet. :P

Anyone else just completely blown away (no pun intended) by this artwork?

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#2 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

You've seen one planet blown away, you've seen them all.  He's pretty jaded about the whole affair, actually.  He only stuck around for Alderaan so he could see the look on Leia's face.  Priceless.

There are so many good images.

Leia, Tarkin, Vader, Yoda, Boba Fett, Cruel Interrogations, Dark Precognition, and some Mara Jade teaser cards.

#3 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:39 AM

Yeah. I really like the artwork so far for the game :) 

#4 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

It's really fun to see new artwork for a beloved IP. Some of the cards have problems (ie Luke's face looks to angular and square) but for the most part, I'm really pleased with the artwork.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#5 Thanatopsis

Thanatopsis

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

MarthWMaster said:

though I'm surprised that someone like Tarkin doesn't care to watch the destruction of a planet. :P

"Cool guys don't look at explosions"

#6 Roman_Sandal

Roman_Sandal

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

cleardave said:

You've seen one planet blown away, you've seen them all.  He's pretty jaded about the whole affair, actually.  He only stuck around for Alderaan so he could see the look on Leia's face.  Priceless.

Leia, Tarkin, Vader, Yoda, Boba Fett, Cruel Interrogations, Dark Precognition, and some Mara Jade teaser cards.

Where can I see vader, fett and mara?

#7 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Roman_Sandal said:

cleardave said:

Where can I see vader, fett and mara?

You can check out the card for Vader, and cards that have Mara Jade on them (though, none of them are a "Mara Jade" card) here;

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/index.html/_/star-wars/star-wars-the-card-game-images-galore-r273

…and for Boba Fett, go to the product page, and squint real hard to see his card here;

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=175&enmi=Star%20Wars:%20The%20Card%20Game

#8 Roman_Sandal

Roman_Sandal

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

Thanks mate, i will take a peek.

#9 Order 66

Order 66

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

Agree, Moff Tarkin looks spectacular!

#10 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

The Luke Skywalker card looks terrible, though. The face is just wrong.

#11 DarthRotini

DarthRotini

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

There's a full size version of that Luke posted on DeviantArt:

anthonyfoti.deviantart.com/art/Star-Wars-TCG-Luke-Skywalker-325473596

#12 Mischief

Mischief

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:54 AM

the artwork is beautiful. i may end up buying sets just for this even if i don't end up liking the gameplay mechanics.

#13 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

Has anyone seen the new FAQ for X-Wing? If FFG stay true to form and share their artwork through all the different games they have under the same license, then I can't wait 

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#14 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

Oh man, that art in the X-Wing FAQ of the Millennium Falcon and Slave I is flipping beautiful. Hope it ends up on a card. 

#15 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

Needs more ewoks, especially with a "Prepare yourself." look.

#16 bkirchhoff

bkirchhoff

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

The artwork is just stunning.  One of the coolest things to happen for Star Wars in years.  Hoping the game is worthy!

#17 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

It's just occurred to me, trawling through the pics on cardgamedb that the artwork for the Draw their fire objective reuses the cover art from The Bacta War. Given how much awesome cover art there is out there, I hope we see some more of this as the game moves along.

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS