• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:03 AM

Here the description of the item. Comments? Ideas? I'm rather skeptic about the need of another AGoT game: the boardgame, the LCG and the Battles of Westeros series seemed to be covering (or be able to cover in the future) more or less every aspect of Martin's world…

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#2 VTSvsAlucard

VTSvsAlucard

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

Yea, I'm unsure too. I think I'll start with the standard core, and maybe pick this up for some 1v1 games.

#3 Tobogan

Tobogan

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Just a ridiculous idea made real.

#4 master yoda

master yoda

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

For the gamer's, of course we don't need this. But to grow the gamer base and introduce new people to the world of games, yes. It's a great move. It is a hit television show and they are just making it more welcoming by adding HBO pictures.

This is a standalone two player game with water-down rules. I won't be buying these of course but I think it is a great move. We need more gamer's.

#5 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

To be honest, as a game store owner I an on the fence about getting this product. I've been playing A Game of Thrones since 2005, embraced the LCG model and have kept up a strong community here in my store. I would much rather push a customer towards the original LCG than this product, as they will have a ready community to play the game.

However, the plus side of Game of Thrones is that it is self contained, only requires one other person, and doesn't have dozens of additional product that will intimidate your non-traditional gamer. But I know that the existing AGOT community will only buy this IF they want cards with photos on them, since the cards will not be LCG legal. And I really question of the wisdom of that choice. They could have just reprinted existing cards with these photos and I could have sold many, many more copies.

#6 rickert

rickert

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

I will buy this and haven't purchased any LCGs. I don't like to build decks before the game starts. This doesn't need that. The only thing that would be better would be a deck building AGOT.

#7 sundancer11

sundancer11

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

I'll throw in my two cents:  if it will get my non-lcg gaming friends interested in the Game of Thrones LCG, I'm all for it.  

Might even be able to interest my girl friend in playing the game.  She cried in frustration after trying the LCG core set when we arrived back home from GenCon 2010.  She will not play any of the LCG games because of her experience with the LCG core set.  I was surprised at her reaction to the LCG core set.  She said she found the LCG core set too confusing.

The M:tG Portal is what got me playing CCG's several years ago.  Only time will tell how well this new product is received.

Happy gaming!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS