Faction Symbols

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

Okay, really superfluous topic here, and one I think we'll see the answer to in the not-so-distant-future, but what do you suppose the faction symbol will be for the smugglers and spies? for the others, we know:

Imperials: Imperial insignia
Rebels: Rebel crest
Sith: Sith era sybmol
Jedi: Legacy era symbol

I suspect the scum and villainy cards will have either Boba Fett's mythosaur skull, or his other symbol with the droplet, the stylized "f", and the arrows (I really have no idea what that symbol is supposed to be).

But for the last light side faction, I just can't come up with anything plausible. Are there any established symbols they could use for that? Or do you think they'll create a new symbol?

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#2 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 818 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

In Star Wars CCG they used this symbol for the Light Side Smugglers deck. I think it's the symbol off the back of Mirax Terrik's cool bomber jacket. Mirax was Booster Terrik's (known smuggler) daughter and a smuggler herself, taking over her father's business while he was in prison and running it very successfully. She later married Corran Horn. It's decently fitting, though I don't think there's ever been an "official" symbol for scoundrels and such.

#3 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

That is a very good thought! I'd kinda like to see the Desilijic clan symbol for Scum & Villains:

But I have no idea what could be used for Scoundrels. The Credits symbol?

Weak, I know…

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#4 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 818 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

Ew, it screwed up my picture. Here it is again:

#5 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hot damn, those cards have a lot of text.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#6 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

The credits symbol crossed my mind, but it just doesn't seem to fit the "spies" part of "Smugglers and Spies."

The Mirax symbol is interesting. A bit complex maybe? I don't know.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#7 Jvirtue55

Jvirtue55

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

I think for the Smugglers It could be the picture of the greatest smuggling Vehicle in the Star Wars Universe The Millennium Falcom

and for the Bounty Hunters I think it will be one of Fetts symbols

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS