Help me design 2 custom Elf Allies

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bryon

Bryon

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

I enjoy reading about the minor characters in The Lord of the Rings, and I'd love to use them in the card game.

There are 2 minor elves that I'd like to see as allies:

Galion - Thranduil's butler in Mirkwood - possibly Leadership sphere, probably low stats with an interesting ability.  Something like:

Galion - cost 2 Leadership Ally, 0/0/1/3, Action: Exhaust Galion and discard a Leadership resource (or a Leadership card from hand) to ready a Silvan or Dwarf character.

Lindir - a Rivendell elf who listened to Bilbo's song in The Fellowship of the Ring.  Probably Lore sphere with low stats and an interesting ability probably relating to songs?  Something like:

Lindir - cost 2 Lore Ally, 1/0/0/3, Each time a player plays a song on a hero, chose 1 (or if that hero is a Hobbit, do all 3): Heal that hero, add a resource to that hero, or that player draws a card.  Limit once per round.

Anyway, since we don't seem to be getting many spoilers for upcoming cards lately, let's just make a couple of our own.  :)

How would you design these guys?

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

Bryon said:

I enjoy reading about the minor characters in The Lord of the Rings, and I'd love to use them in the card game.

There are 2 minor elves that I'd like to see as allies:

Galion - Thranduil's butler in Mirkwood - possibly Leadership sphere, probably low stats with an interesting ability.  Something like:

Galion - cost 2 Leadership Ally, 0/0/1/3, Action: Exhaust Galion and discard a Leadership resource (or a Leadership card from hand) to ready a Silvan or Dwarf character.

Lindir - a Rivendell elf who listened to Bilbo's song in The Fellowship of the Ring.  Probably Lore sphere with low stats and an interesting ability probably relating to songs?  Something like:

Lindir - cost 2 Lore Ally, 1/0/0/3, Each time a player plays a song on a hero, chose 1 (or if that hero is a Hobbit, do all 3): Heal that hero, add a resource to that hero, or that player draws a card.  Limit once per round.

Anyway, since we don't seem to be getting many spoilers for upcoming cards lately, let's just make a couple of our own.  :)

How would you design these guys?

Galion

Spirit (get it?)

ally cost 3

wp -1

attack -0

defense -0

Action- exhaust galion to give all elf characters +1 attack and -1 defense until the end of the round

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 starhawk77

starhawk77

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

Interesting idea, rich, but I might make it a Combat Action: and add some qualifier like "(play only before any enemies attack during the combat phase)." Otherwise there isn't really a downside; you can just trigger the action after defending. But if you had to take that -1 defense before dealing with enemy attacks, I think it would create a really neat trade-off mechanic that would require more strategic play.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS