Need ideas for Rohan deck

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Redblock

Redblock

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

As you can understand from name of thread I want to create themed (or tribal as its called in other ccg) deck based on Rohan keyword, and still capable of some wins (2 players, solo is not my style). Got 1 core, Carrock, Rhosghobel and Emyn mul packs, might get Khazad Dum in few days, or maybe not, local retailers are hopeless.

Hero choice is simple - Theodred for resources, Eowyn for questing and Dunhere for combat (no other Rohan heroes in my colection)

Deck is open for sugestions, only thing I imagine now is abusing Eomund with Ride to ruin, Sneak attack and Stand and fight for multiple Dunhere hits and such siliness ass using Eowyn for combat.

(sorry for shody grammar, not an English speaker)

#2 plueschi

plueschi

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

I also like Ever Vigilant for Eomund, has basically the same effect as Sneak attack, but is more reliable (after you played him that is). Send everybody questing and only if needed ready Eomund to defend and die.

When playing solo I like to splash some Lore allies with Stand and Fight via Eowyn, but you are playing 2P anyway, right?

Since you want some Dunhere Shenanigans, you should try Dundeain Mark. Additionally Fresh Tracks works well with him. Depending on how far you want to push the Dunhere theme you could also try Grave Cairn with some sneaky Gandalf.

Some quick 2c

#3 JanB

JanB

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hi,

"Fresh Tracks" and "Graive Cairn" are not included in the portfolio of cards Redblock owns. :-/

After playing some Rohan-Stuff in the first circle,  i can give some hints.

I think you should start with Imrahil, Eowyn and Theodred as your three heroes. Imhrahil is superb in a rohan-deck, because he stands after a character leaves play! And rohan-characters often leaves play. You can add "Nor I am a stranger" if you want Imrahil to be a Rohan-Member. Insert one or two song of travel to make im spirit .. thats all :)

After that put all rohan-spirit/leadership-allies into your deck. .. perhaps some from other spheres .. "Horseback-Archer" (tactics) and "Gleowine" (Lore).. + some northern tracker an lorien guide .. thats it. If you have space .. some low-cost-leadership allies for "Rear Guard" will be helpful :)

JanB

#4 Redblock

Redblock

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:46 AM

Yeah, my card pool is quite limited :(

Imrahil is interesting idea, but I don't like his threat count a bit, all rohan setup gives you 25 starting threat, and thats really a boon in some scenarios (Carrock comes to mind).

Putting off sphere allies (like horse archer) is also bit tricky, if I understood corectly you can play them with stand and fight, or add songs for that sphere, both methods are situational, and requires ading extra cards, and diluding your deck even more with dead cards. I'm big believer in consistency of deck, and would play single sphere decks if I had cards for it, curently its still few packs away.

#5 gokubb

gokubb

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

I ran a Rohan deck through the first set of adventure packs. I used Aragorn, Theodred and Eowyn. Aragorn was quickly made Rohan through the I am No Stranger attachment. And, Celebrian's Stone makes him a great quester and adds consistency to the double sphere deck. The deck was a questing powerhouse. The only non-Rohan themed cards I ran were Steward of Gondor (because its too good not to use) and Sneak Attack+Gandalf combo (ditto), Northern Trackers, and Faramir. I did have two core sets though.

Prior to the rewording of Stand and Fight, I never had a problem with any of the quests, outside Dol Guldur. Even then, I would win Dol Goldur solo about 40% of the time and two player about 80 to 90 percent of the time. My friend ran a Blue/Green (Berevor, Denethor, Frodo), and we rarely got beat. After not being able to Gandalf the additional three times with Stand and Fight, I would sometimes get into a little bit of combat trouble, as he was my only heavy hitter.

#6 13edl@m

13edl@m

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

I actually have a Rohan deck right now that uses the same heroes.  We always play four player though so our decks tend to be a bit nichish. One thing you might consider is Bofur and Valiant sacrifice.  Theodred gives you the resource to play Bofur  during questing and when he leaves play(which he normally does) you can replenish your hand.  JanB is definitely on to something with the song of travels.  I use them on theodred so that I'm getting four resources a turn, which translates into an easy Northern tracker or elfhelm. 

One of the cards I find useful in multi-player is Rider of the Mark.  Basically it cuts down on the need for hasty strokes in the deck, and you can gear up your friends with the extra songs of travel to get it back.

Hope it all comes together for  you.

#7 shipwreck

shipwreck

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

Let me shamelessly plug a Rohan deck I made and am quite happy with: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=285&efcid=4&efidt=717056

The Grey Company; Master of Lore; & Frebooter Kommand are all things I work on.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS