Photo

Highlander Tournament - October 13th (Portland, OR)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Yipe

Yipe

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

There can be only one…

Dust off your trenchcoats and bust out your katanas - it's time for Portland's first Call of Cthulhu "highlander" tournament.

What's a highlander tournament?  In this format you can only have 1 copy of a card in your deck, making it perfect for beginners.  It also represents a new challenge for veterans, as it stresses in-game play over deck-building.

This is a save the date post.  More details on the tournament format and how to register will follow shortly.

WHERE?  Guardian Games

www.ggportland.com/

WHEN?  Saturday, October 13th

START TIME?  12 PM Check-In.  12:30 PM Start Time.

ENTRY FEE?  $6 or FREE with the purchase of 2 Asylum Packs.  Pay on the day of the tournament.

PRIZES?  We will have prizes for 1st through 3rd place (and possibly more), with a consolation prize for last place.  Three "Khopesh of the Abyss" playmats are up for grabs, along with other goodies yet to be announced, so stay tuned!

Sincerely,

Matt

#2 Yipe

Yipe

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

Updated with entry fee information.

#3 Yipe

Yipe

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

UPDATE!

The tournament date has been changed to Saturday, October 13th.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to go back and edit the subject line of this thread.

#4 grant_babb

grant_babb

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

For me, this was a lot of fun.

Highlander decks help you glimpse a different perspective of the game, and I think it made me a better player to compete in this tourney.  I am looking forward to the gory details Yipe posts on the decks and matches!

#5 Lazerous

Lazerous

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

This was a lot of fun and we had new players play as well.  I have to say the top two decks could take on normal decks very well.  There should be a lot of buzz about these but you have to play them well.

Big shout out to Matt for organizing and running the tournament!  

#6 Yipe

Yipe

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad you guys had a good time.  In the end, that's my only goal.

I'm uploading the photos and typing up the deck lists today.  I should have my "Guess Who Won Our Tournament!" thread going soon.

#7 piszcadz

piszcadz

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

Should I start a "Guess who DIDN'T win?" thread or can i hijack this one? 

Seriously though, despite my DISMAL play and deck that day, I had a GREAT time! And it was nice to play CoC again after a month of two nothing. Thanks as always Yipe for rockin' so hard and putting it all together.

#8 Yipe

Yipe

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

No spoilers!

Just kidding.  Better luck next time amigo.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS