Jump to content



Photo

More fun questions


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cervantes3773

Cervantes3773

    Member

  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

Some questions came up today during my lunch break gaming hour.  I'd appreciate the community's help in answering them:

 

PREFACE: Apologies for forgetting all/most card names - they're at work, I'm not.

 

1) The Noise card (Stimpack?) that gives the runner 9 credits for that run only, can those credits be used to pay the 5 credit fee required by the NBN server upgrade?

2) Can the runner discard resources/programs at will/during his turn?  My opponent played the resource that requires a click at the beginning of his turn but provides 2 cards for that click.  Later in the game he wanted to slow down his card draw, but a quick search of the rulebook only spoke to discarding programs, not resources or hardware.

3) What happens when the runner's stack runs out?

4) There is a piece of NBN ice that, when encountered by the runner, allows the Corp to spend a credit and add an advancement token to a card behind the ice.  There is an NBN agenda that when scored, gives 2 tags to the runner.  If that agenda is scored during a run, do the tags go away at the end of the runners turn, or at the end of my turn?

5) What is the exact timing of winning?  For example, the runner card from question 1 gives the runner 1 brain damage at the end of that run.  The Jinteki ability gives the runner damage for stealing an agenda (or when it is scored).  If the runner scores his 7th agenda and then takes damage that would flatline him… does he first win?  Does he have to survive to the end of the turn in which he wins?

 

Thanks a bazillion!



#2 Thee Forsaken One

Thee Forsaken One

    Member

  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

Cervantes3773 said:

Some questions came up today during my lunch break gaming hour.  I'd appreciate the community's help in answering them:

 

PREFACE: Apologies for forgetting all/most card names - they're at work, I'm not.

 

1) The Noise card (Stimpack?) that gives the runner 9 credits for that run only, can those credits be used to pay the 5 credit fee required by the NBN server upgrade?

You can spend the credits on anything so long as it's during the run.

Cervantes3773 said:

2) Can the runner discard resources/programs at will/during his turn?  My opponent played the resource that requires a click at the beginning of his turn but provides 2 cards for that click.  Later in the game he wanted to slow down his card draw, but a quick search of the rulebook only spoke to discarding programs, not resources or hardware.

The Corp can trash upgrades when they play new upgrades so I see it working similarly for Runners but I don't know that for sure.

Cervantes3773 said:

3) What happens when the runner's stack runs out?[/QUOTE[

Nothing, although they're going to struggle to keep themselves from flatlining with no stack left.

Cervantes3773 said:

4) There is a piece of NBN ice that, when encountered by the runner, allows the Corp to spend a credit and add an advancement token to a card behind the ice.  There is an NBN agenda that when scored, gives 2 tags to the runner.  If that agenda is scored during a run, do the tags go away at the end of the runners turn, or at the end of my turn?[/quote]

Corp can only score an agenda in their turn so there's no issue.

Cervantes3773 said:

5) What is the exact timing of winning?  For example, the runner card from question 1 gives the runner 1 brain damage at the end of that run.  The Jinteki ability gives the runner damage for stealing an agenda (or when it is scored).  If the runner scores his 7th agenda and then takes damage that would flatline him… does he first win?  Does he have to survive to the end of the turn in which he wins?

I would presume that winning would immediately end the game thus leaving the damage unresolved but I think that would have to go for an official FAQ on that one.

I hope that helps.



#3 sydwys8

sydwys8

    Member

  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

Cervantes3773 said:

Some questions came up today during my lunch break gaming hour.  I'd appreciate the community's help in answering them:

 

PREFACE: Apologies for forgetting all/most card names - they're at work, I'm not.

 

1) The Noise card (Stimpack?) that gives the runner 9 credits for that run only, can those credits be used to pay the 5 credit fee required by the NBN server upgrade?

2) Can the runner discard resources/programs at will/during his turn?  My opponent played the resource that requires a click at the beginning of his turn but provides 2 cards for that click.  Later in the game he wanted to slow down his card draw, but a quick search of the rulebook only spoke to discarding programs, not resources or hardware.

3) What happens when the runner's stack runs out?

4) There is a piece of NBN ice that, when encountered by the runner, allows the Corp to spend a credit and add an advancement token to a card behind the ice.  There is an NBN agenda that when scored, gives 2 tags to the runner.  If that agenda is scored during a run, do the tags go away at the end of the runners turn, or at the end of my turn?

5) What is the exact timing of winning?  For example, the runner card from question 1 gives the runner 1 brain damage at the end of that run.  The Jinteki ability gives the runner damage for stealing an agenda (or when it is scored).  If the runner scores his 7th agenda and then takes damage that would flatline him… does he first win?  Does he have to survive to the end of the turn in which he wins?

 

Thanks a bazillion!

1) Yes, you can use the credits for anything during the run.

2) No, the Runner may not discard resources at will.

3) Nothing happens when the stack runs out.

4) You may not score agendas on the runner's turn.

5) If the Runner scores an Agenda that would win him the game, he wins before any effects that respond to the run ending or him scoring the agenda resolve.



#4 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

The runner can trash programs to free up some memory when he installs another program, much like the corp can trash an agenda or asset when installing another. Other than that, you don't get to trash anything without a card saying so.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS