Beyond Fantasy Reprint

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 brassbgeek

brassbgeek

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

is the reprint of the main rulebook going to be a completely revised edition with the new changes of the rules?

#2 Arikail

Arikail

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

brassbgeek said:

is the reprint of the main rulebook going to be a completely revised edition with the new changes of the rules?

There has been no indication that this is the case to my knowledge, so I wouldn't hold your breath. Still, it would be nice to get the revised Core Exxet here in English. If they have plans of doing it, FFG has not said anything that I'm aware of though.

#3 Beadle

Beadle

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

You've got to imagine its a priority though, considering that due to data loss with no back-ups (apparently), other new books are having to be re-written from memory.

Which means everything else after the English CE is probably quite some way off now.

Including Gaia Vol.2 :(

#4 Maelstrom

Maelstrom

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

Beadle said:

You've got to imagine its a priority though, considering that due to data loss with no back-ups (apparently), other new books are having to be re-written from memory.

Which means everything else after the English CE is probably quite some way off now.

Including Gaia Vol.2 :(

Huh? Who lost data? When? Where? How? Seriously this is the first I heard of this.

My Play-By-Post Forums -- The Storm Watch

#5 Arikail

Arikail

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

Someone apparently broke into Anima Studios offices and stole his computer, which had all of the stuff he was working on, and he had no back-ups. Meaning all of the books currently being written now have to be redone. This is mentioned in the other forum, under the News From Gen-Con topic, in the News section for the Anima: Tactics miniature game. :(

#6 Maelstrom

Maelstrom

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Perhaps the thief wanted Core Exxett more then we do.

Damn that sucks.

My Play-By-Post Forums -- The Storm Watch

#7 Beadle

Beadle

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

Maelstrom said:

Perhaps the thief wanted Core Exxett more then we do.

Damn that sucks.

Well AS wouldn't have had English CE anyway, because FFG do the English translation, I think.

But Gaia Vol. 2, and presumably some sort of "Matrices Exxet" (honestly, I'm guessing here - I really have no idea) book would be in development in Spanish.  And they will have to be redone from memory and any hand-written notes.

So yes, suckage.

#8 NephilimXXVII

NephilimXXVII

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

I heard about that from my friend when I asked when it was going to come out. That really does suck. Though Core Exxet is not only a revision, but also to add new rules and other stuff that they did not mention in the first version because these rules and ideas weren't made up or added until after the first version was already out. Plus I think Core Exxet is a cooler name anyway.

#9 TalenScathe

TalenScathe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

I heard from someone that a lot of the rules changes that were going to be in the Core Exxet were included in the Arcana Exxet? Can anyone confirm or deny that? Difficult when dealing with hearsay and online sources. :)

But total speculation, if they did release the major rule adjustments they wanted to get out in the Arcana Exxet it would make sense why they keep bumping back an English Core Exxet- as it wouldn't be as high of a priority.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS