So, have the updates simply stopped?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

Just seems like the Heirs of Numenor is the only update we have seen in some time. Did they announce that they would be putting them on halt until nearer that release? If so, I missed it. Weekly updates keep this game fresh and engaging to me…without them, I visit FF site less and less.

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

i dont remember them saying anything like that.  there has been quite a few periods where the news dies down. maybe its all the news we got on hiers of numenor at once…..perhaps they thought it was all too much for us?

more seriously i need some news!

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 DevastazioneH88

DevastazioneH88

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

Was just thinking the same thing !

#4 John85

John85

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Well GenCon was 2 weeks ago, figure one week recovery from that, and this weekend they had another convention (so the week before they were probably prepping for that). I'd expect something this week.

#5 Shiv@n

Shiv@n

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

Yesterday was the third of september. I think it means "labour day" holiday in America so you shouldn't have waited for a news yesterday… Today in another day… :-)

#6 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:39 AM

also, there hasn't been much news from FFG of any sort, LOTR, or not.

#7 John85

John85

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:24 AM

Dain Ironfoot said:

That's why I've suggested "recovery/prep time" from the conventions, and frankly we did just get a lot from them (SaF - although delayed, The Hobbit I - which still hasn't made it into many shops/player's hands, and two big announcements - 1. HoN and new AtS cycle and 2. BoLT PoD). I'd expect the next hing we get is an announcement for the next Hobbit cycle (or the release of the BoLT PoD), and then alternating previews of HoN and TH2 afterward.

On a side note, I know that FFG announced that The Hobbit would be in 2 packs, but did they ever actually say it would be released at the end of the year?

#8 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

John85 said:

Dain Ironfoot said:

That's why I've suggested "recovery/prep time" from the conventions, and frankly we did just get a lot from them (SaF - although delayed, The Hobbit I - which still hasn't made it into many shops/player's hands, and two big announcements - 1. HoN and new AtS cycle and 2. BoLT PoD). I'd expect the next hing we get is an announcement for the next Hobbit cycle (or the release of the BoLT PoD), and then alternating previews of HoN and TH2 afterward.

On a side note, I know that FFG announced that The Hobbit would be in 2 packs, but did they ever actually say it would be released at the end of the year?

i found this: "Another expansion, currently scheduled for release later in 2012, will introduce related scenarios that conclude Bilbo’s classic adventure!"

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3199

i'm also pretty sure that they said it was coming out end of 2012 at GenCon.

#9 John85

John85

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

Dain Ironfoot said:

i found this: "Another expansion, currently scheduled for release later in 2012, will introduce related scenarios that conclude Bilbo’s classic adventure!"

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3199

i'm also pretty sure that they said it was coming out end of 2012 at GenCon.

Thanks D! I couldn't remember if we'd actually seen that or made it up (and I wasn't at GenCon, but certainly appreciated your coverage!! )

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS