Photo

Can you use Falcon Point to move an Investigator in the same space as a monster?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Solan

Solan

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

Leo is on Devil Reef with a Ghost.  Rex moves first, goes to Falcon Point, and pays the $2 to move Leo to a different Aquatic location.  Legal?

#2 Krawhitham

Krawhitham

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

Tricky… its movement but not on the players turn.

I would say that you would pay 2 dollars and then the inviestigator on Devil Reef needs to pass an evade check. If he fails then he doesn't make the boat and the 2 dollars is lost.

#3 jgt7771

jgt7771

Saving the world from cosmic evil since 2006

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

I'd say yes.  Call Friend does a similar thing magically, and no one as a target of that Spell has ever rolled to escape a monster, I don't think.

What was that noise?

#4 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,258 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

Yeah. Investigator A has to deal with monsters only during HIS movement phase. An investigator using FP special ability uses this ability during his movement phase, so it's perfectly legal summoning somebody via FP regardless of monsters sharing the second investigator's location

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#5 Krawhitham

Krawhitham

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

I can't disagree with the other answers, however I do tend to interpret rules in a thematic way.

Play however you enjoy it the most.

#6 Tbla

Tbla

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:40 PM

Krawhitham said:

I can't disagree with the other answers, however I do tend to interpret rules in a thematic way.

I tend to do that a lot too. But I interpret it as if the boat arrives just in time for the investigator to make a daring leap across the water and escape.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS