• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 F3nr1s

F3nr1s

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

Hi,

in DE is the Color of the Aura described and that someone with Ki Detection/Erudition can see the color and that the color of the aura can have some meaning (blue could be cold, balanced and so on).

Now, I would like to play a blind character, who will use Ki Detectin/Erudition to "feel" the people around her, but she wouldn't see the color.

My GM and I trying to figure out some other "representation", which doesn't use colors, for example feelings ("cold wind", the "warm of sunrays" etc.), smells and so on.

Have someone some ideas for this?

So long,

#2 Smilingknight

Smilingknight

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

You could always describe it as a texture. The soft wispiness of silk, sticky and viscous like honey, chalky, rough like sand…

Fit the texture to the personality and you should be good to go

#3 XenoTheory

XenoTheory

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

The first thing that comes to mind is to follow the remaining senses. As already mentioned the character could "feel" the aura of others.

As for the other senses: 

Smell could simply be an interpretation of the specific odor of the target. If someone possess a black aura that represents hatred the character could smell of withering grass or rotting carcasses. As smell is so close to taste these two can be combined for added effect. 

As far as sound goes one can hear the symphony of waves, the subtle sound of grass or a roaring fire depending on the characters aura. 

#4 denaekall

denaekall

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

In my previous game, the manifestation of ki took on individual elements relating to the character more so than just color. For example, one person's aura appeared as tribal tattoos that ran up their body, growing brighter and more elaborate with the more power that was being built. This is still a visual representation, but it adds a personalized element rather than just color.

Another idea would be having an aura give off certain emotional characteristics. Perhaps one gives a feeling of serenity while another exudes fear or regret? I also liked the texture idea, and even the possibility of there being a certain scent the aura gives off.

#5 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

Why cant they see color? I actually think it would be kind of cool to have a blind character be able to "see" aura. It would be like Byakugan, where the can see/sense chakra.

#6 F3nr1s

F3nr1s

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

Nurddude said:

Why cant they see color? I actually think it would be kind of cool to have a blind character be able to "see" aura. It would be like Byakugan, where the can see/sense chakra.

The character shouldn't know the concept of seeing and color. True, I could say, the character would "see" the aura, but, this would destroy the idea of her, not knowing the concept.

I also don't use words/phrase, which would stand for "visual representation", like "Everyone could have seen this coming". She doesn't know the concept of seeing (she only knows, that she is missing something).

My GM did only asked the other plays, to describe there auras without colors, and one player did a rather cool description. He said, his aura feels like a shy sunrise with the smell of morning dew, the feeling of wet grass underneath the feets, the first warming sunrays after a long, cold night and the beginning of a nice new day.

So long,

#7 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

After looking at Ki Detection/Erudition again, it doesn't say anywhere that one "sees" anything. Only that they are aware of energy. I would say that you could say a character has the ability to sense energy in the air, kind of like static electricity.

Just an idea. And all in all, it is a very interesting conundrum.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS