WH40k Dictionary?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kjakan

kjakan

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

Pictcaster, voxcaster, armaplas, flakboard. Words and phrases common to the setting that help set the theme. Is there currently an online resource that lists a few of these terms? It would make for a great hand-out to players not deeply familiar with the verancular of the 41st millennium.

-K

#2 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Lexicanum, I guess.

Read Ravenor or the Enforcer series for lots of tasty examples.

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#3 kjakan

kjakan

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

Eisenhorn and Ravenor should make the list as required reading for Dark Heresy players, I agree. :)

#4 Luddite

Luddite

• Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

I think this is what you're after.

#5 Blood Pact

Blood Pact

• Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

kjakan said:

Eisenhorn and Ravenor should make the list as required reading for Dark Heresy players, I agree. :)

They really did help build a lot of the fan interest for Dark Heresy early on, imo. Obviously the long term desire for a 'true' RPG (Inquisitor was nice, but with no in-built balance system for character creation, it relies heavily in the GM) was a big boon as well.

Though it did ruffle some feathers when people found out the game was geared around playing starting Acolytes, and not the close servants of the Inquisitor themself (or the Inquisitor), the likes of Harlon Nayl and Madame Bequin. I personally like the opportunity to build your character up.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS