First, this game is awesome. I got it hoping me and a few friends might enjoy it after playing Warhammer Fantasy and sure enough, I like it more. But enough of that, time for the question(s)
The fact is, we're having debates about reinforcements. I'm going to try to list a few points and if anyone could be so kind as to tell me where we're right or wrong, it would be greatly appreciated.
1. If a group of spiders (3 minions and 1 master) are in play and the master is killed, can he be reinforced? (I say no)
2. If a group of spiders (3 minions and 1 master) are in play and the master is killed, can he be reinforced as a minion (group rules suggest no since masters are listed as their own monster group - correct?)
3. If an entire group is killed off can you still Reinforce them? Our thinking is that Reinforce can't be used since logically, what monster would Reinforce non-existant monsters?
4. Can you only reinforce as long as a Master monster is present? (Again, our thinking was that the master monster plays like a bannerman, kill him, cut off reinforcements)
5. Since we play with three heroes we often have an Ettin, Dragon or Elemental that is only a Master Monster, if he is killed, can he be reinforced? If so, is he just reinforces as a minion?
6. Last question: We played Shadow Rune last night and the OL (me) gets three open groups. I took spiders, Bargheists (sp?) and the Shadow Dragon. Now the first two were put into play and the last isn't, in this case, the Dragon. The reinforcement rules stated that I could reinforce with 1 of my open groups at the entrance not exceeding group limits. Now based on my limited intellect, I waited until spiders and bargheists were killed and never thought of using the dragon because I didn't think that you could reinforce with a Master monster. Could I have?
In advance, any suggestions, tips, tricks or info is greatly appreciated. Have a great long weekend.