• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Veross

Veross

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

Hello;

I would like to ask you for advise. I am not sure how to correctly operate Flying Monsters.
To trigger Movement of Flying Monster do I need to have it's symbol printed on drawn Mythos Card?
When Player ends his movement on the street, will be be automatically attacked by all Flyers or (as mentioned above) I need to draw Flyer symbol on a Mythos Card? Can Player be attacked on Player movement turn, or only in Mythos phase on Monster Movement turn?
If Flyer is on a street not connected to a street where player is located, will he just move to adjacent street or directly to the Player's street?

Thank you!
Veross

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

Veross said:

To trigger Movement of Flying Monster do I need to have it's symbol printed on drawn Mythos Card?

Yes.

Veross said:

When Player ends his movement on the street, will be be automatically attacked by all Flyers or (as mentioned above) I need to draw Flyer symbol on a Mythos Card? Can Player be attacked on Player movement turn, or only in Mythos phase on Monster Movement turn?

Monsters only move during the Mythos phase (assuming their symbols shows), they don't attack. Investigator on a street has the monsters swoop down to his space and has to then deal with them (evade or fight) during his next turn's Movement Phase.

Veross said:

If Flyer is on a street not connected to a street where player is located, will he just move to adjacent street or directly to the Player's street?

It'll go to the Sky.

"Q: Please clarify how flying monsters move.

A: Flying monsters move according to the following rules:

1. Flying monsters only move when their symbol comes
up in the Mythos Phase, just like other monsters.

2. Flying monsters will not leave a space that already contains
an investigator.

3. When a flying monster in a street area or location
moves, it will either move to an adjacent street space that
has an investigator in it, or failing that, move to the Sky.

4. When a flying monster in the Sky moves, it will move
to any street space on the board with an investigator in it.
If there’s more than one investigator to choose from, the
monster moves into the space of the investigator with the
lowest Sneak value. If the investigators’ Sneak values are
the same, the first player chooses which investigator the
monster moves toward, as usual. If there are no investigators
in a street space, the monster remains in the Sky." (FAQ, p. 2-3)

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Jake yet again

Jake yet again

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

As well as Mythos cards, I think either Gate Bursts also trigger flying monster movement. (It's either that or monsters entering vortices, I forget preciesly which off-hand)

Lovecraft Country Horror - A completely FREE Big Box expansion for Arkham Horror, exploring the minor locations of the Cthulhu Mythos. Contains: Lovecraft Country Board, 16 Investigators, 4 Ancient Ones, 16 Skills, 32 Common Items, 24 Unique Items, 10 Spells, 16 Music of Erich Zann cards, 76 Leads, 4 Allies, 32 Monsters, 24 Injuries and Madnesses, 54 Mythos Cards, 41 Outer World Encounters, 52 Location Encounters for each Neighbourhood.

#4 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

Jake yet again said:

As well as Mythos cards, I think either Gate Bursts also trigger flying monster movement. (It's either that or monsters entering vortices, I forget preciesly which off-hand)

It's putting in play a Mythos card with a Gate Burst.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS