4th edition vs. "revised" 4th edition

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guy_LeDouche

Guy_LeDouche

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

Good morning all! I recently played my first round of Talisman with a friend of mine and enjoyed it immensely.  I was looking at purchasing my own copy of the game however, I'm a bit confused and was hoping someone could clarify for me.

What, if anything, is the difference between 4th Edition (I'm assuming this is the current version?) and "Revised" 4th Edition? If I purchase the 4th Edition do I need to purchase the "revised" upgrade?

Thank you all for the responses! Any players in the Marietta/Woodstock Georgia area, feel free to drop me a line.

#2 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:50 AM

My advice is to buy the talisman revised edition.

If you buy the normal talisman 4th edition, then you need the upgrade pack, but you will not get everything.

You will miss the new strength, craft and life counters, and you still have the old board.

The new board from the revised edition has new text on the spaces where you can gain fate etc.

So if you want everything to be complete, just buy the revised edition from FFG

#3 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:19 AM

Talisman Revised 4th Edition by Fantasy Flight Games is the current version of the game! The 4th Edition is the previous version by Black Industries (now a defunct company).

Ell.

#4 Guy_LeDouche

Guy_LeDouche

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:04 AM

talismanamsilat said:

Talisman Revised 4th Edition by Fantasy Flight Games is the current version of the game! The 4th Edition is the previous version by Black Industries (now a defunct company).

Ell.

Gotcha.  Now it makes sense.  When I was reading the descriptions earlier, I completely missed the Black Industries tag.  Thank you both for the info and clarification. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS