3x • Vilya (SOF 137)

Event (14)
3x A Test of Will (CS 50)
3x Daeron's Runes (DWA 108)
3x Elrond's Counsel (DWA 59)
3x Hasty Stroke (CS 48)
2x Will of the West (CS 49)

Total 50

Strategy: As soon as possible play Vilya (easy with Stargazer and Bilbo), then create the most powerful fellowship on the Middle-Earth!

Quests won: Carrock, Osgiliath, Rhosgobel, many minors…

I'm traveling now to Dol Guldur and then to Moria…
I'll report to you soon! :)

#2 Rasmas

Rasmas

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

Rasmas said:

2x • Light of Valinor (DWA 107)

Sorry! It's 3x and not 2x ..

#3 Golden_Nightingale

Golden_Nightingale

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

I tried this deck today and I love it. It's very different from what I normally use and it flowed very well. Maybe I liked it so much because I had everything I needed for success in the first 2 rounds. I'm definitely going to keep playing this deck for awhile. Thanks for throwing it out there.

#4 shipwreck

shipwreck

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

Gonna make this one on Octgn!

The Grey Company; Master of Lore; & Frebooter Kommand are all things I work on.

#5 Golden_Nightingale

Golden_Nightingale

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

Okay, Rasmas, I've successfully quested Passage through Mirkwood, Journey Along the Anduin, Escape from Dol Guldur (on the 4th try) and The Dead Marshes. I'm going to keep playing through all the quests and see how I do.

Here are some things I've noticed that might come in handy and to keep in mind for this deck.

-If playing a quest with Condition attachments it might be beneficial to have Miner of the Iron Hills.

-Maybe substitute or just include Fast Hitch for Bilbo

-Maybe include Galadhrim's Greeting for quests for threat reduction is needed and use Gandalf for dealing damage to enemies or include the new Gandalf and keep him around for a couple rounds. This card could also really come in useful when using this deck for co-op.

-With Elrond and Vilya it might be useful to include a weapon or defensive attachment (or several) to put on Glorfindel or another character, ie Citadel plate, Rivendell blade, Blade of Gondolin.

Just some thoughts. This deck still rocks and is a lot of fun. I might have to start using more Lore. Thanks for sharing.

#6 benhanses

benhanses

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

Definitely like the look of this deck!  (will build and enjoy online soon!)

One thought: Since you utilize Burning Brand, I would add a third copy of it (Master of the Forge and Stargazer should make it easy to fish out of the deck), then drop the 3 x Hasty Strokes to add two copies of  Protector of Lorien.  You have a lot of doubles of the unique cards…  need a way to burn them out of your hand!  If there was a way to get Leadership, I would've added SoG to work in some resource building, but PoL is definitely not a bad addition… Alternatively, you could use Resourceful (again, Stargazer/Vilya work wonders here) or Zigil Miner (Stargazer/Gildor) to get that extra resource generation going.

"... but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...."       -Faramir, The Lord of the Rings, Book IV, The Window of the West)

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."     - C.S. Lewis

#7 Golden_Nightingale

Golden_Nightingale

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

benhanses said:

Definitely like the look of this deck!  (will build and enjoy online soon!)

One thought: Since you utilize Burning Brand, I would add a third copy of it (Master of the Forge and Stargazer should make it easy to fish out of the deck), then drop the 3 x Hasty Strokes to add two copies of  Protector of Lorien.  You have a lot of doubles of the unique cards…  need a way to burn them out of your hand!  If there was a way to get Leadership, I would've added SoG to work in some resource building, but PoL is definitely not a bad addition… Alternatively, you could use Resourceful (again, Stargazer/Vilya work wonders here) or Zigil Miner (Stargazer/Gildor) to get that extra resource generation going.

Very good points benhanses. Since my last post I completed all the quests (except The Hobbit expansion, Massing at Osgiliath) with this deck. I'll be posting my scores sometime in the near future. I really like this deck and will probably tweak it to make it better and continue the domination.

#8 benhanses

benhanses

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:18 AM

I would also find a way to swap in a couple copies of Faramir.  Possibilities to replace would be Beorn, Dunedain Watcher, or Haldir.  The last two are only really necessary if you are doing an encounter that requires archers for the bats or birds, and Faramir's action is pure questing goodness….

"... but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...."       -Faramir, The Lord of the Rings, Book IV, The Window of the West)

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."     - C.S. Lewis

#9 Golden_Nightingale

Golden_Nightingale

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

Benhanses or Rasmas, do you play on OCTGN?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS