• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 eldath

eldath

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

Hi all

Well I got paid yesterday and went onto the site to buy the beta, only to find that it is out of stock. Do we know if this is it and all of the printed books have been sold or whether there will be more stock coming in/being sent out to international outlets (hopefully including the uk)?

E

#2 mindshadow2k

mindshadow2k

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

From what they said it was going to be a limited print run of 5,000 books (if i remember correctly) so that would not surprise me.

#3 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

I think I recall hearing someplace that it was going to be limited to 5000 units, but I don't know if that was overall, or only 5000 units avaiable at GenCon and Celebreation VI each.

Either way, kinda makes me glad I bought this the Friday the product line was announced

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#4 Timberboar

Timberboar

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:55 AM

This concerns me, since my copy arrived more than a little bit damaged.

I had hoped customer service could replace it, but if there are no more to be had…

#5 hyperman

hyperman

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

Sith, I need a copy too! I was waiting as an international customer as told, but if I missed the chance because of this, I will be very angry… and anger leads to the Dark Side!

#6 Gallandro

Gallandro

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:04 AM

Timberboar said:

This concerns me, since my copy arrived more than a little bit damaged.

I had hoped customer service could replace it, but if there are no more to be had…

Most companies set aside a limited number of copies for just that kind of situation.  I would call Customer Service and see if they could replace it.

Yancy

#7 Eddie1969

Eddie1969

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:48 AM

I believe it is limited to just 1,000 copies….

#8 BrashFink

BrashFink

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Eddie1969 said:

I am pretty certain I heard 5000 in the Fantasy Flight Key Note at Gen Con.

#9 shnar

shnar

• Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

Wow, glad I picked mine up as quickly as I did! I was tempted to buy another one for my son, guess I'll have to wait for the official product.

-shnar

#10 Moglwi

Moglwi

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Eldath lesurie games have said that they are being a stockist so I would think that they will be geting some copies in

#11 Eddie1969

Eddie1969

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

BrashFink said:

Eddie1969 said:

I am pretty certain I heard 5000 in the Fantasy Flight Key Note at Gen Con.

My bad… You're right (luckily): 5,000 copies it is!!!!

#12 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

• Members
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

Something else to consider is that FFG has probably set aside a number of copies for their retailer program, as well as a small batch set aside for "print run issues" like missing or duplicate pages.

So it's likely more a case of "no more stock to sell individually at the moment" than "warehouse has been cleaned out."

#13 New Zombie

New Zombie

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

sold out is a good sign, shows that the vocal complaints about having to pay for the beta were a classic minority. i hope that the majority of people that got involved submit feedback and help FFG tidy up the final release.

#14 eldath

eldath

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

Moglwi said:

Eldath lesurie games have said that they are being a stockist so I would think that they will be geting some copies in

That sounds promising, I was hoping that it would ot be a case of all books being sold.

E

#15 Psion

Psion

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

New Zombie said:

sold out is a good sign, shows that the vocal complaints about having to pay for the beta were a classic minority. i hope that the majority of people that got involved submit feedback and help FFG tidy up the final release.

First of all, that marketing strategy is still approaching Palladium levels of sleaze.  That being said, I agree that it's apparently working if they sold out.  Even though five thousand isn't much considering Star Wars fans.

#16 Green Leader

Green Leader

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

Yeah, on that note, I could have sworn the figure given at the panel was actually 25,000 copies, not 5,000. 

#17 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

• Members
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Psion said:

New Zombie said:

First of all, that marketing strategy is still approaching Palladium levels of sleaze.  That being said, I agree that it's apparently working if they sold out.  Even though five thousand isn't much considering Star Wars fans.

Well, unlike Palladium, FFG is fully intending to improve the product based on player feedback, where Palladium just takes your money and keeps shoveling out the same "product" no matter how many people claim for clarifications or updates to the rules.

Also, FFG is bound by the fact that for-sale PDF products are covered by an entirely different portion of LFL (LucasArts), so without getting a whole 'nother license (and increasing the cost involved in producing the RPG), there's nothing they can do.  Even WotC, with Hasbro backing them, only managed to get web articles out based on a contractual loophole that pegged the web content as "supplemental material to the print products" or some-such.

And based on what we're seeing in the forums here so far, it sounds like FFG is getting plenty of feedback, and not just in terms of typos and grammatical issues.

#18 GM Chris

GM Chris

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

Donovan Morningfire said:

Even WotC, with Hasbro backing them, only managed to get web articles out based on a contractual loophole that pegged the web content as "supplemental material to the print products" or some-such.

And even then, from what I'm told, every word had to be approved by Lucasfilm before it was published online.  WotC even tried to do a Star Wars RPG Podcast - but only got 2 episodes up - as each one had to be vetted by Lucas before being published.

Host of The Order 66 Podcast:  http://www.d20radio.com

Find all the EotE Order 66 Episodes right here:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/Order66

#19 Inksplat

Inksplat

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

Edit: nevermind. Misread part of that.

#20 Ravion Lupus

Ravion Lupus

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

Who are eldath leisure games, cant find them on the net! could you provide a link or their details?? thx :)

sorry misread the wording, he put no , in it thought he was talking about eldath leisure games, but its leisure games……..DOH!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS