Pilots for A-Wing and TIE Interceptor?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Prathin

Prathin

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

We have had some big names for the other expansions, and the Falcon and Slave I should be a given, but who will we get with the A-Wing and the Interceptor?  I am hoping for Tycho and Fel. Other possibilities?

#2 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

Aeyrn Cyrnrd and Turr Phennir possibly

#3 CthulhusLawyer

CthulhusLawyer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

I hope Turr Phennir does make it. He was a Tie Ace on the cannon, and to be an Ace on such a fragile snub fighter you gotta be really good. He was one of the few that survived the battle of Endor.  Ohh good , my nerd color are showing, better shut up now !

#4 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

Pash Cracken in the A-Wing.  He let his squadron before joining the Rogues.

#5 Order 66

Order 66

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

Arvel Crynyd, no doubt about him, and Jake Farrell might also do the job.

#6 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

Order 66 said:

What skill would Arvel get?  RAMMING SPEED!

Tycho Celchu should also be one.  He piloted the A-Wing leading the ties through the Death Star II to keep heat off Lando and Wedge.

#7 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:44 AM

tiepilot1138 said:

Order 66 said:

What skill would Arvel get?  RAMMING SPEED!

Tycho Celchu should also be one.  He piloted the A-Wing leading the ties through the Death Star II to keep heat off Lando and Wedge.

hehe nice.

Hopefully Baron Soontir Fel will make an appearance in the Interceptor expansion.

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#8 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:36 AM

I think Baron Soontir Fel and Tycho Celchu are shoe-ins. 

Roy

#9 ironman

ironman

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

drkjedi35 said:

I think Baron Soontir Fel and Tycho Celchu are shoe-ins. 

Roy

they had better be or i will be very upset, and you wont like it when i get upset

#10 CthulhusLawyer

CthulhusLawyer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'll be nice to see Tycho as a Tie pilot or as a Lambda pilot in the future

#11 ironman

ironman

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:27 PM

CthulhusLawyer said:

I'll be nice to see Tycho as a Tie pilot or as a Lambda pilot in the future

I actually think a good expansion for x wing would be a pilot deck, basically putting pilots into all the ships they have flown, and using a lot more EU pilots. They could have all of the ex imperial pilots in tie fighters, for example.

#12 Tawnos

Tawnos

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Fel and Tycho are definites.  They have to be; they're the best known pilots of those kinds of ships.

#13 Agrivar

Agrivar

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:20 AM

This is my list of candidates:

A-WING EXPANSION PACK

- Green Squadron Pilot

- Nomad Squadron Pilot

- Arvel Crynyd (Green Leader during the Battle of Endor)

- Tycho Celchu (Green Three during the Battle of Endor)

- Jake Farrell (Green Four during the Battle of Endor)

- Pash Cracken (flew an A-Wing)

TIE INTERCEPTOR EXPANSION PACK

- Alpha Squadron Pilot (first squadron of the 181st Imperial Fighter Wing)

- Avenger Squadron Pilot (from the "Balance of Power" campaign forn the "X-Wing vs TIE Fighter" computer game. Their Interceptors are equipped with shield generators, and ultimately they change their fighters to the TIE Advanced model).

- Saber Squadron Pilot (Soontir Fel's Squadron during the Battle of Endor)

- Soontir Fel (Saber 1)

- Turr Phennir (Saber 2)

- "Fel's Wrath" (Saber 3)

- Kasan Moor (Imperial ace pilot that appears in the "Rogue Squadron", although it ends defecting to the Rebellion).

#14 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

Looks good to me Agrivar.

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#15 Agrivar

Agrivar

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

As a sidenote, finding pilots and squadrons for an hypothetical B-wing Expansion Pack its relatively easy, as there are at least two squadrons (Dagger Squadron - from the Shantipole Project - and Blue Squadron - which fought at Endor) with a well known pilot rooster (specially for Blue Squadron, which has Merrick Simms - from "Rebel Assault" - and Keyan Farlander - from the original "X-wing"). But I don't know from where they are gonna get squadrons or pilots for a TIE Bomber Expansion Pack.

#16 rhaak

rhaak

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

From the same place they got pilots for the TIE-Fighter.

#17 Jaster

Jaster

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:10 AM

Would love to see a 181st expansion pack with Fel in it and Tie interceptors complete with blood stripes.

#18 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

Wow, you guys know the names of those pilots from the battle of Endor.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, everything in starwars hasa name and usually a back story.

Here is my question:  We have lots of cool named pilots for the TIEs and even one from the TIE advanced.  Had we ever heard of them before, or did FFG games make them up.  I hadn't ever heard of any of them.  In fact I hadn't heard of any of the pilots in the Y-wing or one of the pilots for the X-Wing.

It makes sense to me that if FFG is just making up names for these ships that they will do the same for future ships as well.

One last thing: was there a name associated for the pilot in the old TIE Fighter games?  I know there was one for the X-wing game but it really only showed up in the strategy guide.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#19 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:04 AM

Maarek Stele is the guy from TIE Fighter and he pilots the TIE Advanced in this game. I don't think FFG is making up names, but my Star Wars specialty is more on Force-users, so I could be mistaken.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#20 Agrivar

Agrivar

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

So far, all the ace pilots and squadrons mentioned by FFG have been named previously in some source of the so-called "Star Wars Expanded Universe" (everything beyond the six movies that it is considered canon unless George Lucas says otherwise: computer games, comics, books, technical journals, fact files…). So FFG it is not making names, just extracting them from the Expanded Universe sources.

With the exception of Marek Steele, who only appears in the "TIE Fighter" computer game, I think that all the already named pilots appear in the Original Movies.

Garven Dreis is Red Leader in "A New Hope".

"Dutch" Vander is Gold Leader in "A New Hope".

Horton Salm is Grey Leader in "Return of the Jedi".

"Backstabber" and "Mauler Mithel" were Darth Vader's wingmen during the Death Star Trench Run.

"Dark Curse" is the pilot of the TIE Fighter shot down by Wedge during the Battle of Yavin.

"Howlrunner", "Night Beast" and "Winged Gundark" are some of the TIE Fighters chasing the Millenium Falcon when she is fleeing from Bespin.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS