• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tyrus59

tyrus59

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

Ganging up

A character has an advantage when he and his allies engage the same foe in melee combat.

If a group of characters outnumber their opponent two to one, their Weapon Skill Tests are Ordinary (+10). If a group of characters outnumber
their opponent by three to one or more, their Weapon SkillTests are Routine (+20).

parry
if the active character is wielding a melee weapon capable of Parrying, he can attempt to thwart an incoming melee attack by making a Challenging (+0) Weapon Skill Test.

Question 1 : When two characters engage the same foe in melee combat, does the bonus on Weapon Skill Tests (for ganging up) apply to their parry Weapon Skill Test ?

Question 2 : if two battle brother have the double team talent, they gain + 30 to their  Weapon SkillTests when parrying ? it is good ?

thanks a lot

#2 Thebigjul

Thebigjul

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

From memory because right now i'm at work, no.

Ganging up and double team give attack bonuses but are useless when it comes to defence action.

But it's quite understandable they are already powerfull manoeuvre and talent.

Ganging up with double team will offer you +20 to +30 if both attacker has the double team talent.

If you want a parry bonus have a sword.

#3 herichimo

herichimo

• Members
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:18 AM

This is a question myself and my game group are still debating.

I'd send Tim a question, but I don't think it'll get answered for a while. He mentioned at Gamesday he's been too busy lately to answer rules questions.

Maybe something big is coming?

#4 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

WH40KRP has been through five iterations already, and the matter hasn't been addressed, so by Wespon Skill they probably mean Weapon Skill -- so it applis to Parry.

#5 borithan

borithan

• Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

The Ganging Up bonus does indeed apply to Parrying as well, as it applies to Weapon Skill Tests, and Parrying is a Weapon Skill Test. Not so sure if it applies with double team etc, as I can't remember if that specifies only when attacking or not.

#6 .113

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

ganging up also uses "tests" not "attacks" or similar so it should apply to parry as well.

You could say it's because either the enemy can't make an attack the way he would normaly do, even if a weapon master, so it might be easier to notice how he's going to strike and thus easier to parry, or perhaps it's more appropriate that your fellow marines are also attacking and such making the enemy disturbed and unfocused allowing you to parry with ease.

Against something like a berserking orc, or a tyranid this seems unfitting however but then again if you remove (house rule) the bonus you should allow a free attack against the reckless enemy. From all nearby. Something like that, haven't put too much thought in it, as the rule just says tests it should apply.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS