• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kbobsky

Kbobsky

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

Hello,

As the topic says, I'm wondering if there are any methods, besides raising your willpower, that aid in resisting possession, help in demonic mastery tests and other not specifically psyker abilities of the demons?

Kbob

#2 Kbobsky

Kbobsky

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

Well, I sent the same question to FFG and got some answers from Tim:

Only way to improve your chances in Daemonic Mastery Tests is to improve your willpower-score

"Nothing else is coming to mind for improving your chances for daemonic mastery tests, no. It would have to be something that boosts your WP in a general fashion or when taking tests."

I was also interested about the Machine trait's effect on demonic mind-control and possession:

"I'd say possession is it's own thing, but in general no to possessing something with the Machine Trait, though the GM may decide based on the exact creature that it could be possible, in a fashion similar to that for the creation of a daemon engine."

-Kbobsky

#3 Deinos

Deinos

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

I hope the Tome of Blood has ways for Khornates to increase their daemonic mastery test. It would suck if Khornates, by virtue of their low willpower and lack of psi powers can't bind daemonic weapons anywhere nearly as effectively as the others.

#4 Kbobsky

Kbobsky

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

One can only hope. 

I sent a follow-up question to Tim about machines by default being immune to possession, since it causes all kinds of strange side-effects. They can admittedly be side-stepped by house rules, but it kinda smells of sloppy rules writing. As Tim's previous message shows, creatures with the machine-trait are immune to possession, except in specific cases such as daemon engines. This would cover psykers getting possessed due to screwing up their ability rolls, to, in my mind, getting possessed after failing a daemonic mastery test. Of course, it wouldn't be illogical to think that those instances are covered by 'specific cases', but I'd still like to get it from the chaos horse's mouth, as it were.

As my renegade sorcerer machine has low willpower, I'd like to get this set straight. Ofcourse getting aligned to Tzeentch will help with the willpower, but still.

Mikko

#5 Kbobsky

Kbobsky

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Here's Tim's reply to my question about how being immune to possession would work with losing Daemonic Mastery Tests and grand possession:

"Losing the Daemonic Mastery Test would likely be more like the Daemon attacking the user in perhaps a more physical manner than a possession attack. I could definitely see a GM saying the Daemon attacks physically rather than mentally against a user with the Machine Trait. Most Daemon Weapons say what kind of Daemon is bound within, so you could use that as the basis for the attack.

For Grand Possession, I'd do the same, but have the Greater Daemon attack as well as the user taking the 2d10 Toughness Damage.

Again, the GM may decide to allow for a possession attack in special circumstances, or creatures where the Machine Trait is used more to reflect their bizarre makeup than actual machinery, so it's worth discussing about the exact nature of the being with the Trait first. "

So, no possession, but you'll get your face smashed in, regardless.

M

#6 BrotharTearer

BrotharTearer

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

Kbobsky said:

One can only hope. 

I sent a follow-up question to Tim about machines by default being immune to possession, since it causes all kinds of strange side-effects. They can admittedly be side-stepped by house rules, but it kinda smells of sloppy rules writing. As Tim's previous message shows, creatures with the machine-trait are immune to possession, except in specific cases such as daemon engines. This would cover psykers getting possessed due to screwing up their ability rolls, to, in my mind, getting possessed after failing a daemonic mastery test. Of course, it wouldn't be illogical to think that those instances are covered by 'specific cases', but I'd still like to get it from the chaos horse's mouth, as it were.

As my renegade sorcerer machine has low willpower, I'd like to get this set straight. Ofcourse getting aligned to Tzeentch will help with the willpower, but still.

Mikko

Why would you have low WP as a sorcerer?

#7 Kbobsky

Kbobsky

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:34 AM

We were offered the Sorceror -talent from Edge of the Abyss as an elite advance. It replaces willpower with int.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS