Photo

Would like advice on first expansion purchase…

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sammann11

sammann11

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

I am new to the game (have played it for about 4 weeks) and am looking to buy something in addition to the core set - probably just one additional purchase at the moment.

I favor the Dwarfs (or they favor my style). Are there any battle backs out there that have some really sweet dwarf cards? Karaz a Karak from the Capital cycle looked like it had some pretty nice additions.

Or would I be better off buying the Legends or the Assault on Ulthaun? Many people seem to say Ulthaun, but I'm not personally "jones-ing" for either elf race. Is legends the better buy?

And feedback would be welcome. Thanks!

"Not all heros dwell in the light. Some limp in shadow." - Paul S. Kemp

#2 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

Karaz-A-Karak will net you the highest number of Dwarf cards for the buck.

I'd still suggest getting the deluxe expansions first. They are a good deal and expand the game the most. Either way, as the card pool grows you might come to appreciate the other factions more, so I wouldn't be too focused on Dwarfs when making your purchases.

You can search by edition on deckbox and check the contents of each battle pack and deluxe expansion to see which ones you'd like.

#3 sammann11

sammann11

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Thanks. I did check on deckbox. Thanks. That was a good tip. Leaning towards legends, seems very cool

"Not all heros dwell in the light. Some limp in shadow." - Paul S. Kemp

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS