Photo

Does starting talents and skills at character creation count towards their respective gods?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PnPgamer

PnPgamer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

All arcehtypes get talents and skills that some are aligned to a certain god. Are these starters counted towards alignment, when it is checked?

#2 Cifer

Cifer

• Members
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

No, only advances bought with XP (including starting XP) count. That obviously means that when you have a choice between two things from your archetype (e.g. Parry and Dodge) and you want both, you choose the one that doesn't fit with your alignment and buy the other one with XP.

#3 PnPgamer

PnPgamer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

also: are each level of a skill considered a further alignment towards the god, or is all the levels from rank 1 to rank 4 only one advancement? 

#4 ShadowRay

ShadowRay

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:00 AM

each time you buy skill, talent or stat advancement it counts towards a god, so getting dodge and dodge +10 nets you two points (for griffindor) towards slaanesh.

#5 PnPgamer

PnPgamer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

my players bomb me with questions that I can't answer… *sigh*

Can you choose the talents at the character creation without meeting the prerequisites? I'd think yes?

#6 ShadowRay

ShadowRay

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

Yes, but only at creation. If they later want to buy talent they could have chosen, they have to meet prequisites.
It was cleared in rules clarification tread.

#7 PnPgamer

PnPgamer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

Can a character use xp to get infamy in order to change the multiplier, thus gaining 1 additional automatic item?

#8 ShadowRay

ShadowRay

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

From Character Creation: Equipment and Corruption:
'The number of pieces of gear available at this stage is equal to the Heretic’s current Infamy bonus.'

Seeing as you choose equipment after you spend xp, yes he can.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS