Name Those Dice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NathanPButler

NathanPButler

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

Perhaps I have missed something in the app itself, but I have looked all over, and I can't find anywhere that it actually tells you which dice are which.

Granted, when we play the actual games, we should know that by the end of our first play session, but it would help to label the X-wing dice as Attack and Defense, and label the RPG dice as Ability, Proficiency, Boost, Difficulty, Challenge, Setback, and Force.

Also, given that the RPG uses standard d10 as well, it might help to have one of the generic d10 (or a special colored d10 if wishing to get a bit fancier) into the RPG category on the Active Dice screen. I found myself removing all of the generic dice from the active dice before getting into checking out Edge of the Empire, only to have to turn around and add the d10 generic die back in when I finally saw that those were used as well (but weren't in the RPG category on the app). 

#2 darkrose50

darkrose50

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

Well here is something I came up with for Word, but it should work for you.

Boost [Wingdings square, turquoise font color] <--- White d6
Setback [Wingdings square, black font color] <--- Black d6
Ability [Wingdings diamond, green font color] <--- Green d8
Difficulty [Wingdings diamond, violet font color] <--- Purple d8
Proficiency [Wingdings 2 hex, gold font color] <--- Yellow d12
Challenge [Wingdings 2 hex, red font color] <--- Red d12
Force [Download “Metal On Metal”, use “O”, black font color] <--- White d12

#3 BrashFink

BrashFink

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Wingdings 2 has a Pentagon shape, which would be better since each side of a d12 is not a hexagon.

EDIT: It just dawned on me… THE BOOK has these… why are they using diamonds and hexes anyway? Diamond makes a bit of sense (overall shape of the Die) but the hex makes little sense.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS