Dead Space needs FFG

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ClockworkHorror

ClockworkHorror

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:08 PM

Next to games like Gears of War, Doom3, and a smattering of others (that haven't been done as board games yet!), Dead Space stands out as one of those games that could well and truly benefit from Fantasy Flight's attention.

I'm not sure how you would do it, of course - I'm not a game designer, just a fan(atic) - but something like BSG and Arkham Horror combined would be AWESOME. A game that deals with the Aegis VII colony AND with the Ishimura... man, that would be freakin' cool.

I know Gears of War is going to be sweet, and am waiting for it with baited breath...

... but, Dead Space...

C'mon, FFG... add that to your list of game IPs.:)

#2 Osaka

Osaka

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:08 AM

I don't know...  Since the game is really one player "horror movie", I think it'd be hard to design a game that retains the feel and allows for more players.  It'd be great to see FFG do a survival horror type game, but to make it a hash of Arkham and Battlestar?  I think it'd be tough to sell a Dead Space game that isn't more "in your face" and personal.  Something that abstract wouldn't fly with that license, I'd think.

If they were to do a Dead Space boardgame (or something similar) it would have to be on the tactical level, where it's a group of "heroes" against the game, with "monsters" popping out to slow you down...  But then it'd be hard to keep it different from Descent, Doom, and I'm hoping Gears of War will be a tactical game with minis, but you can never predict these things!

#3 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:38 AM

I would buy a board game of Dead Space for sure. I'd like solitaire play though as an option.

#4 Psion

Psion

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

Actually, given the lore, this might not be a bad candidate for a roleplaying game.  We have conspiracies, terrifying space zombies, and a cast of average joes who make a nice departure from your usual crop of space marines.

#5 Berdfre

Berdfre

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

Dead Space Rpg. Doesn't sound half bad.Would be interesting dead of space ZOBIES ATTACK.

#6 ClockworkHorror

ClockworkHorror

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

An RPG would be awesome as well.:) Especially given how much the game expands when they hit Dead Space 2.

#7 ClockworkHorror

ClockworkHorror

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

I've gotta bump this.:) I still think it would be a great idea. FFG does such an amazing job, and a real cooperative survival horror board game would be awesome. Especially a game with minis, and colorful characters to play (and die) as. Would be so cool.:)

#8 Psion

Psion

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Cold and Dark by Wicked World Games does sci-fi horror.  It's not exactly Dead Space due to copyrights but it has it all; zombies, xenomorphs, conspiracies, and a collection of archetypes that largely consists of blue-collar spacers.

#9 Pascale

Pascale

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

That's funny, I was just thinking; wouldn't it be great if there was a dungeon crawler with a sci-fi horror theme. Dead Space would fit the bill perfectly I'd think. I'd imagine it as a Space Hulk but with players playing individual characters instead of controlling a whole squadron. So yeah, Descent with a Dead Space skin.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS