Setting: Hagercrybs?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 stormofswords

stormofswords

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

Located along the river Teufel between Auerswald and Grunburg on the Reikland map from the Player's Guide. What is it?  Can't find any lore on it.

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:54 AM

There isn't a lot on this area. I researched what I could find for my Revenant scenario.  Here's the gist:  "It's a bunch of wooded hills.  There are a lot of old, mostly looted, cairns there."

I think it's a neat spot for forays and probably a good hideout for evil

jh

#3 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

Its the location of the tombs of the Unberogen, prior to Sigmar. Large numbers of barrows, some with standing stones on top. How many were despoiled by Nagash and the Vampire Counts has never been detailed but many should have been. Apart from a few bandits, most of rest of the inhabitants are miners who either work in the Hahnbrandt mine or work smaller drift mines. There might be small homesteads on the outskirts but most of the area is the realm of the long dead. The impression given is of an area like Exmoor and Dartmoor, where agriculture is marginal at best, which is why it was used for burying the dead prior and possibly post Sigmar.

It would also make a great location for a corrupted monastery like the one which produced Dark Wine in the novel.

#4 stormofswords

stormofswords

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

Thanks Emirikol and Ragnar.

Ragnar, is there a specific source of your info (book, rpg supplement)? Just wondering, see if I can add to the library!

Just found this in Sigmar's Heirs:

"Deep within the Reikwald Forest are two sets of hilly country, the Hagercrybs and the Skaag Hills. Both are used for sheep herding, though the Hagercrybs are popular with tomb robbers and other adventurers looking for burials of the pre-imperial Unberogens, Sigmar's tribe. There are reports of Ghosts haunting the Hagercrybs, but these are dismissed as the ravings of shepherds enjoying too much hard cider."

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

Ragnar's talking about the book "Wine of Dreams", which would make for a good scenario as well.

jh

#6 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

I must admit that once I gave finished the Grunburg supplement, I was thinking about doing one for the Hagercrybs.

#7 stormofswords

stormofswords

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:41 AM

Emirikol said:

Ragnar's talking about the book "Wine of Dreams", which would make for a good scenario as well.

jh

LOL. Guess I'd better go pull it off the shelf and finishing reading it!  :-)

#8 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

ragnar63 said:

I must admit that once I gave finished the Grunburg supplement, I was thinking about doing one for the Hagercrybs.

You've finished it and handed over to the Liber Fanatica folks!!!

So stoked!

When can we expect a release?!

#9 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

GoblynKing said:

ragnar63 said:

So stoked!

Don't get too excited, slight miswording there. I am finishing off the final draft ready for editing. Should be out in the first half of next year.

#10 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

ragnar63 said:

GoblynKing said:

ragnar63 said:

So stoked!

Don't get too excited, slight miswording there. I am finishing off the final draft ready for editing. Should be out in the first half of next year.

Super stoked! Can't wait for this to drop.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS