• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

Hama
Type: Hero
Sphere: Tactics Starting Threat: 9
Willpower: 1 Attack: 3 Defense: 1 Hit Points: 4
Rohan. Warrior.
Response: After Hama is declared as an attacker, return a [Tactics] event from your discard pile to your hand.
Then, choose and discard 1 card from your hand.

Feint
Type: Event
Sphere: Tactics Cost: 1
Combat Action: Choose an enemy engaged with a player. That enemy cannot attack this phase.

Durin's Bane
Type: Enemy
Encounter Set: Shadow and Flame
Threat Threashold: 1
Threat: 4 Attack: 6 Defense: 3 Hit Points: 27
Balrog. Flame. Shadow.
Regenerate 3. Indestructible. Players cannot play attachments on Durin's Bane.

Durin's Bane cannot leave the staging area, is considered to be engaged with each player whose threat is 1 or greater,
and attacks each of those players in turn during the combat phase (deal and discard a new shadow card each attack).

As worded, Feint would cancel all attacks made by DB (since DB it's considered to be engaged with each player whose threat is 1 or greater and Feint prevents the DB from attacking for the entire phase).

And as long as Hama plays Feint and has cards for Response isn't Durin's Bane kept in check and the most of "point" of the quest bypassed? Any official ruling on this?

#2 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:53 AM

Yes that how is work. If you get Hama and Feint you only need Bilbo or Beravur or any kind of good draw all the time to be sure you have enough card in your hand to cycle the feint. And vualya you dont care about Balrog at all. This is quite stupid and annoying in my opinion. There is other ways as well to deal with DB but this one is most effective i suppose.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#3 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

Glaurung said:

Yes that how is work. If you get Hama and Feint you only need Bilbo or Beravur or any kind of good draw all the time to be sure you have enough card in your hand to cycle the feint. And vualya you dont care about Balrog at all. This is quite stupid and annoying in my opinion. There is other ways as well to deal with DB but this one is most effective i suppose.

That's likely the reason why there's "Counterspell" in the encounter deck. The more players you have, the more likely you will get this card early in the game. Feint is rather unreliable in this scenario. I play solo and I have Counterspell attached to DB in almost every second game. However, Feint is one of the few event cards that were in all of my S&F decks so far. I play only two copies btw whih makes it less likely to have it in my starting hand. (message: don't claim that the game is too easy when you' re using two core sets )

Furthermore: Hama + Feint being dull is true for every scenario!

#4 PESKPESK

PESKPESK

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

Well even with Counter-spell, it’s almost broken if you combine it with Denthor/Henamarth Riversong and use their ability peek at the encounter deck to mess with the Counter-spell ( Move treachery to the bottom of the deck, play another even first, knowing when to try a different tactics this round etc.)

#5 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

PESKPESK said:

Well even with Counter-spell, it’s almost broken if you combine it with Denthor/Henamarth Riversong and use their ability peek at the encounter deck to mess with the Counter-spell ( Move treachery to the bottom of the deck, play another even first, knowing when to try a different tactics this round etc.)

Yes that how you do it. Counter spell is not a problem.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#6 The_Fallen_Arises

The_Fallen_Arises

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

May be broken (we just tried to get the get the Balrog and did so in a 3 player game) but hey, this quest seems rather ruthless in itself so I did not truly feel guilty using Hama to spam feint. That, and well, you need to have it in your starting hand. True, you have a mulligan and everything, but if your whole game hangs on this, it's still risky.

But I agree, Hama is just…awesome. He juste redefines the way tactics is played. I had a pretty nasty Beorn + Hama + Thalin deck that simply chewed up anything in its path. I mean…8 atk off the bat, and a guy that could defend everybody without exhausting + the Hama  / feint machine. Ouch !

#7 cyberlettuce

cyberlettuce

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

With regards to feint, I thought (according to the Errata and FAQ) that feint stops an enemy engaged with a player attacking [that player] for the duration of the combat phase. So wouldn't it just cancel one of Durin's Banes attacks rather than all of them? Thats how I have been interpretting it so far anyway. 

#8 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

this is an old thread before that faq changed the ruling i believe. i think thats why it was changed

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#9 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

threadcromancy!!!

Be sure to check the date, folks!

#10 cyberlettuce

cyberlettuce

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Ah righty ho I didn't realise it was such an old thread :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS