• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Shub-Niggurath

Shub-Niggurath

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

See news on frontpage.

Never seem to see new Arkham Horror items in the forthcoming list, but they are still appearing.

#2 Musha Shukou

Musha Shukou

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

K, what?  The last news item i see on the front page is the blessed/cursed dice.  I don't see any announcement for a 3rd wave, let alone a 4th wave.  Please link.

#3 Formulita

Formulita

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

Here is the link

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3521

#4 Richard U. Pickman

Richard U. Pickman

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

Just placed my order. 

They seem to release a new wave every other month. I'm still waiting for the star spawn…

Am i missing something or are these the only figures left:

1 Barnabas March
4 Deep One Hybrid
4 Nightgaunt
1 Priest of Dagon
2 Star Spawn

If i'm right it looks like wave 5 will be a small one….

#5 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,536 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

I knew they would have to struggle with Fire Vampire.

lol @ moon beast

I like that their attention to detail on the Servant of Glaaki. One of Glaaki's spines is run through its body!

#6 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

Tibs said:

I knew they would have to struggle with Fire Vampire.

lol @ moon beast

I like that their attention to detail on the Servant of Glaaki. One of Glaaki's spines is run through its body!

The children of aboth are top-notch.

The spectral hunter seems to be dancing…"to the left, to the left, everybody move to the left *clap*"

What's the point of a Being of Ib miniature? If you do those, you have to do AOs too

The formless spawn is disgusting (in a good way)

The serpent people are very nice (three fingers, like in the story!)

All in all, this wave is pretty sweet:)

#7 Mandor

Mandor

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Richard U. Pickman said:

They seem to release a new wave every other month. I'm still waiting for the star spawn…

1 Barnabas March
4 Deep One Hybrid
4 Nightgaunt
1 Priest of Dagon
2 Star Spawn

You are correct about the release timing and about the only figures that are missing. 

Looking at the product codes, the investigators are AH01 thru AH48 while the monsters are AH49 thru AH117. But five of the product codes haven't been released - AH90, AH92, AH93, AH96, and AH101. All five of these codes are in the middle of the codes released in the small wave 3 (AH89 thru AH103).

I speculate there was supposed to be 4 waves, the last releasing at Gen Con, but something went wrong with these figures and they had to be pulled from wave 3. If so, there's no way to estimate how long it will take to fix the problem and have them available for sale. Maybe they caught it early enough to fix it in time for an Arkham Nights release. Or maybe it will take 6 months to get it fixed and they'll be released along with new monsters from a new expansion. Customer Service wouldn't even hint if they would be released, much less when.

#8 Richard U. Pickman

Richard U. Pickman

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

Mandor said:

Richard U. Pickman said:

1 Barnabas March
4 Deep One Hybrid
4 Nightgaunt
1 Priest of Dagon
2 Star Spawn

You are correct about the release timing and about the only figures that are missing. 

Looking at the product codes, the investigators are AH01 thru AH48 while the monsters are AH49 thru AH117. But five of the product codes haven't been released - AH90, AH92, AH93, AH96, and AH101. All five of these codes are in the middle of the codes released in the small wave 3 (AH89 thru AH103).

I speculate there was supposed to be 4 waves, the last releasing at Gen Con, but something went wrong with these figures and they had to be pulled from wave 3. If so, there's no way to estimate how long it will take to fix the problem and have them available for sale. Maybe they caught it early enough to fix it in time for an Arkham Nights release. Or maybe it will take 6 months to get it fixed and they'll be released along with new monsters from a new expansion. Customer Service wouldn't even hint if they would be released, much less when.

Well spotted!

Let's hope the last miniatures will be released soon. My guess is that extra attention is given to the star spawn. That is a miniature that will upset a lot of people if it doesn't look "right"…

#9 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,536 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:50 AM

If they made figures for every monster, but didn't make Beings of Ib because they're the only monsters that can't be faced, people would complain. So, they made the right decision.

#10 Stalin

Stalin

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:36 AM

I'm glad it got split into 5 waves - it makes it less expensive to buy everything.  Now there are only 12 figures left to buy (or 6 if you're only buying one copy of each miniature), and half of them will be small. 

#11 Mandor

Mandor

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

Unfortunately, it makes it more expensive to buy everything. We will have to pay FFG's expensive shipping rates one more time for a wave with only 5 minis.

#12 Richard U. Pickman

Richard U. Pickman

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:18 AM

Yeah, agreed shipping to sweden is very expensive specially the customs fee. I already have nightgaunts and star spawns. And we need to replace some of the minis that didn't come out so good (elder thing and gugs comes to mind).

But it will be worth every penny once the figures are released, the game is just so much cooler with the minis.

#13 Stalin

Stalin

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

Oh, I realize it costs more because of the extra shipping, but buying about 160 figures all at once would be a major outlay of cash at one time for a game.  The fact that it is broken up into 5 waves means that each one has been a mostly palatable (for me, at least) amount for game spending.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS