2 replies to this topic

#1 Oscar.li

Oscar.li

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hello,

I have two questions. 

1. in a challenge, if a character have 0 str, does he/she still count participate in the challenge. Like robert baratheon and an other character start a power challenge as attacker, I use item and event let robert baratheon's str reduce to 0, but the attacker still win the challenge. So at that time, does robert baratheon's ability still happen so this character can claim 2 power or not.

2. when does the key word deadly happen or trigger. If I win a challenge by a character with key word deadly, should I first implement winning result or first implement deadly. 

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,659 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

Oscar.li said:

1. in a challenge, if a character have 0 str, does he/she still count participate in the challenge. Like robert baratheon and an other character start a power challenge as attacker, I use item and event let robert baratheon's str reduce to 0, but the attacker still win the challenge. So at that time, does robert baratheon's ability still happen so this character can claim 2 power or not.
Once a character is participating in a challenge, it can only be removed by an effect that specifically says to remove it, or an effect that removes it from play entirely. A character with 0 STR can still participate in a challenge, and is still considered to be participating for effects (stealth, deadly, renown, etc.) that refer to participating characters.

Oscar.li said:

2. when does the key word deadly happen or trigger. If I win a challenge by a character with key word deadly, should I first implement winning result or first implement deadly. 
Deadly happens as a passive effect. So it takes place after claim/results are implemented, and unopposed and renown are awarded, but before any Responses.

#3 Oscar.li

Oscar.li

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

Thanks a lot

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS