New to Desecnt questions about conversion kit and tokens

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sasigns

sasigns

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

I am new to Descent and would really like to have all the old monsters and heroes. Seeing that it would not be cost effective to buy all the expansions I was wondering if anyone was buying the conversion kit then doing homemade tokens for the heroes and monsters? If so what are you using and how are you making them?

#2 Triu

Triu

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

Most people are talking about substituting figures from other sources, rather than tokens.  Check out this thread:

http://www.fantasyfl...=694117&efpag=0

#3 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

sasigns said:

I was wondering if anyone was buying the conversion kit then doing homemade tokens for the heroes and monsters? 
I am crafting cardboard standups of monsters (1 square monsters will use small plastic stands, larger ones will have cardboard stands).

I am creating an A4 format document, with each monster in two standups (master, minion).
I will laser print it on A4 sticker paper, then cut out each monster and stick it on 1mm cardboard.

As I am using graphics taken on the web, I dont' think I could post them for free on a site (e.g. BGG).
But, if someone is interested, he/she/it can send me an email (hobgob AT sunrise POINT ch).

However, as I am waiting for my D2 and the adaptation kit in French, I will need to check out if I did not miss anything.

Here is a sample of what I am doing :

monsterx

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS