Compiled Card List

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

Maybe this will shed some light onto the concerns over the contents and thematic options of pod deck building.  I did my best to organize the cards shown on cardgamedb and group them by pod number.  The Objective card is always #1 of 6, with the rest of the set following in 2 of 6, etc.

A caveat; some of the pictures, while clearly showing the game text, are a little blurry, or cut-off altogether at the set numbering, so this is by no means exact.  A few times I had to guess if something was a "3" or an "8", etc.  If anyone can take a look over there, or update any other info, that would be great.

Cards with a * are Uniques.

#1: Unknown Objective: *Luke Skywalker, Old Jedi Lightsaber, Trust Your Feelings

#2: Unknown Objective: *Yoda, Believer in the Old Ways, Dagobah Training Grounds, Counter-stroke

#3: A Journey to Dagobah: *Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi in Hiding, Jedi Mind Trick, Return of the Jedi

#4: Unknown Objective: *R2-D2, Target of Opportunity

#5: The Secret of Yavin 4: *C-3P0, Guardian of Peace, Lightsaber Deflection, Twist of Fate

#6: Unknown Objective: Emergency Repair, Corellian Engineer, Our Most Desperate Hour, *Redemption

#7: Jedi Training: It Binds All Things

#8-#17: Unknown cards

#18: Hit and Run: Resistance Informant, Heat of Battle

#19: A Solitary Plan: *Darth Vader, *Vader's Lightsaber, Heat of Battle

#20: Counsel of the Sith: Dark Precognition

#21: Black Squadron Assault: *Vader's TIE Advanced, I'm On the Leader, Black Squadron Pilot

#22: Heart of the Empire: Coruscant Defense Fleet, Emperor's Royal Guard, Kuati Security Team, There is No Escape

#23: The Emperor's Web: Sith Library, Force Choke

#24: Cruel Interrogations: ISB Interrogators, Intimidated, Nightsister

#25-#35: Unknown cards

#36: Reconnaissance Mission: Human Replica Droid, Twist of Fate, Target of Opportunity

In addition, here are some "maybe" numbers for some cards that I couldn't tell which pod they belonged to.  The list above is "pretty sure" levels of accuracy, the rest here is speculation;

#5/6/8?: Force Rejuvenation

#6 or #8?: Last Minute Rescue (Objective)

#16?: Shadows of Dathomir

#21?: TIE Advanced (would make sense because of the Black Squadron synergy)

#22/23?: Force Lightning

#22/23/27?: Force Stasis

#2X?: Rancor (I know its in the 20's, most likely NOT 20/21/22/23)

#23/25?: The Hand's Blessing

#22/23?: *Emperor Palpatine

So it looks like we have at least 36 different groups of cards, which totals up to 216 cards.  Certain card titles are repeated, but with different artwork to match up with the set they are in, like Light Side and Dark Side versions of the same card.

If anyone knows how many cards total are expected in the box, we can obviously work backwards and figure how many objectives total to likely expect.  Further, if we assume 4 Factions worth of cards in the box, in equal amounts, and 36 is the number of Objectives, that's 9 Objectives per Faction, being 1 short each.  In that case, there should be 40 Objectives, providing 240 unique cards.

If there is exactly 10 Objectives per Faction, then yes, I could see a little staleness creeping in based on Core Set play from one box, but if you can play with two of each Objective in your stack, then 2 Core Sets opens up some options to focus on themes that suit your play style better.  It also means that card redundancy issues like in other LCG's shouldn't be too large of a hassle for those that want to maximize their deck building choices.

Anyways, that's a rough look at the set so far.  I hope this spurs some more interesting conversations on here.

#2 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

This is very cool and a good help. I've been compiling a list of the cards as well to try and see if it's possible to build the demo decks between all of the images online and the rules being told in forums and videos. Perhaps together we can get some full or close to full demo decklists compiled.

#3 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

Mattr0polis said:

This is very cool and a good help. I've been compiling a list of the cards as well to try and see if it's possible to build the demo decks between all of the images online and the rules being told in forums and videos. Perhaps together we can get some full or close to full demo decklists compiled.

Please do compare it to what I have and let me know if there are any differences, or anything I missed, and we can narrow it all down.

#4 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

#6 also appears to contain Force Rejuvenation, making it a purely defensive-themed pod.

#5 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:34 AM

cleardave said:

Please do compare it to what I have and let me know if there are any differences, or anything I missed, and we can narrow it all down.

I hadn't been going by pod numbers due to the guy who posted the pictures saying that there were many duplicates, some in different pods, and he only had taken pictures of each different card. I was more just trying to compile a full deck list if possible, so I could maybe make the demo decks to try at home. But I will take a look through as I can and see if I can find any other pod numbers to help fill this out. There's also a few other cards I've found pictures or info on from random places but I can't see any pod info on any of them in the pictures I have, sadly. But just to help complete the lists, they are:

LS: Twi'lek Loyalist, Red Five, Ancient Monument

DS: Advisor to the Emperor, Dark Side Apprentice, Interrogation Droid, A Disturbance in the Force

#6 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

It looks like Shadows Of Dathomir could be number 25. The Nightsister definitely is 25 (though marked as 24 on your list), and going by theme it looks like the Rancor could be in that pod as well. The Hand's Blessing also looks like 25 to me.

#7 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:56 AM

Mattr0polis said:

LS: Twi'lek Loyalist, Red Five, Ancient Monument

DS: Advisor to the Emperor, Dark Side Apprentice, Interrogation Droid, A Disturbance in the Force

I added them to my notes, thanks.

#8 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

Ooh, Advisor to the Emperor. I hope s/he does something cool!

#9 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

MarthWMaster said:

Ooh, Advisor to the Emperor. I hope s/he does something cool!

You can (kind of) see the card at this link if you have a BGG account and enhance the image size to 2000 x 1500. He's behind the Dark Side player's hand of cards. You can't make out any gametext except that he looks like he has one of the resource icons like the objectives do, which is pretty neat!

boardgamegeek.com/image/1398713/star-wars-the-card-game

#10 wormiespice

wormiespice

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

anyone got and card images ???

#11 Bolfa Fluffbelly

Bolfa Fluffbelly

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

wormiespice said:

anyone got and card images ???

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/index.html/_/star-wars/star-wars-the-card-game-images-galore-r273

#12 Mestrahd

Mestrahd

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

It's my understanding that there will be a smattering of the 5th and 6th factions, in addition to some possibly neutral pods. I would think 2 pods of each additional faction would be reasonable and maybe 2 neutrals (one per side). So that would be 6 pods or 36 cards to figure into your total in the box. Think back to Warhammer Invasion and how they included Dark/High Elves as a teaser with a bunch of neutral cards in the Core.

#13 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

There are definately neutral pods/objectives.  I got caught once or twice in the demo because I only had neutral resources there fore I could not play out Sith cards as at least one resource must match the faction of a card being played if it has a faction at all.

For instance set 36 "Reconnisance Mission" is neutral.

Welcome to the FFG Star Wars RPG Index 

#14 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

The question is: will the "neutral" faction objectives still be tied to light side or dark side?  I'm not sure we have enough information to do anything but guess at this point…

#15 PBrennan

PBrennan

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

Yep, they're tied.

#16 hyperion_pb

hyperion_pb

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

dbmeboy said:

The question is: will the "neutral" faction objectives still be tied to light side or dark side?  I'm not sure we have enough information to do anything but guess at this point…

We have some information: the core set is supposed to arrive with 117 cards for each side (not counting the "Attuned to the Force" cards). This is an indication that Light Side and Dark Side have different backs.

Also, there should be two faction decks in this core set; however the count is not 60 * 2. It is easy to assume that there are only 19 Objectives and their associated pack of cards. I guess that it could be between 6 and 8 of the two faction per Side + some neutrasl + one or two additional factions that do not have a full deck. The 3 remaining cards could be the faction cards.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS