Photo

Limited budget of 65 dollars. What SSU units to buy?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LedZep

LedZep

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

I want to start buying SSU units. What can I buy with 65 dollars that is a little balanced?

#2 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

LedZep said:

I want to start buying SSU units. What can I buy with 65 dollars that is a little balanced?

At ccgarmory.com

Airborne transport 27.57

Rifle squad 13.77

Close Combat squad 13.77

Commissar Squad 13.77

That equals 68.88, best I could do….

#3 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

blkdymnd said:

LedZep said:

At ccgarmory.com

Airborne transport 27.57

Rifle squad 13.77

Close Combat squad 13.77

Commissar Squad 13.77

That equals 68.88, best I could do….

Good choices. Never thought of the transport was thinking more troops.

#4 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

LedZep said:

Where are you located? Do you have a store near by or do you internet shop.

#5 LedZep

LedZep

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

Nop I am from puerto rico and the stores here only have old units and they sell at retail price. I bought the original core set, the revised, and the command squads for each faction. I want a SSU army so my friends can choose what they want between them. I plan on buying the expansions and start slow but Right Now I want some SSU. : )

#6 LedZep

LedZep

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

Bought them all online btw. Dust Tactics/warfare is not popular here.

#7 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:49 AM

LedZep said:

Bought them all online btw. Dust Tactics/warfare is not popular here.

Sorry to hear that. Its a fun game and has great minis to paint. Plus you can use any 1/48 scale models with the game as well. Good luck collecting.

#8 LedZep

LedZep

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

Thank for the kind replys. I made a group on the site and will be doing reviews and posting images. Soon I will post my painted minis here for some feedback. Have fun.

#9 bob10182

bob10182

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

I don't play with SSU but I do play agains them and I would definitly try out some websites to find a good deal, miniture market is pretty good and so far the best priced. I think the Fakyeli close combat squad is a must along with the helicopter transoprt after that I would highly recommend the KV-47 since you get three versions and when you're on a limited budget that helps you have some versatility. That would be two squads because you get the chinese volunteers with the helicopter and a walker and plus air unit. Once you get the money get a commisar squad and try out their versatility. Hope you have fun and start converting those gamers.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS