Card Multiples

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

The one thing that ruined the LotR game for me and caused me to sell my copy was that the box didn't come with enough cards.

I don't know how SW will work, but this is a major issue for me: in LotR each deck can have 3x each card. But the starter box didn't give you 3x each card. Instead you got 2 of some and 1 of some more. This meant that if you wanted to build a proper deck you have to buy 3 core sets which also meant a lot of redundant cards you can't do anything with. There's no way around this and IMO it was exceptionally short sighted and very foolish of FFG to do this (especially as the LCG model was supposed to get around all this rarity nonsense). I hope SW doesn't function like this because if it does I won't be interested at all.

#2 cleardave

cleardave

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

It may, it may not.

If Objectives require a specific set of cards to go with them, and only being allowed two copies of most Objective cards in the stack (some say a limit of 1), then presumably you should be 100% complete out of the box.

That is, unless the Core Set comes with 10 different Objective cards for each faction, in which case you would need to buy a second Core Set to have 100% of the options.  Either way, that would seem to me to involve less redundant cards (only the 1 per deck Objective card sets), and certainly not require you to have to pay for 3 Cores.

If buying two Core Sets is the case, I would feel less bad about that than I did about the LotR card distribution.  You can really see the benefit to having those extra Unexpected Courage cards in the beginning, but with 1 copy per box, buying 3 Cores for that seems excessive to me, but that's all a matter of taste.

I don't think we'll know more until we see the complete card list.  From what I can infer from the demo and card pics, we've only seen the Jedi and Sith factions, with a sprinkling of Neutral cards, but there are supposed to be 3 factions per side out of the box if memory serves.

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

It sounded like only 2/3 factions would be available out of the box. Keep in mind that neutral cards might still be associated with aligned objectives or vice versa.

#4 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hopefully card lists and rules will be available prior to launch.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS