Star Wars LCG Roller Coaster

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

This whole experience for me has felt like a roller coaster ride!

UP – FFG has the Star Wars license and are going to make an LCG.

DOWN – It’s a co-op LCG.

UP – They’re scraping the original design and going back to the drawing board.

DOWN – There is no news for a little over six months.

UP – It comes out at GenCon that it is now a PvP game.

DOWN – It’s not a recreation / reimagining of Decipher’s Star Wars CCG.

UP – Eric Lang is one of the designers and I really like Warhammer : Invasion LCG and Game of Thrones LCG.

DOWN – You can’t include the best 60 cards in your deck but have to build your deck with pods of 6 cards (1 objective + 5 fixed cards for the draw deck).

I guess I’ll wait and not pass judgment until I have the product in my hands and sit down to make decks. I’ve played many CCGs/LCGs over the years and half the fun for me is building a deck with the best 60 cards I can. On the other hand, I don’t have as much free time as I used too with a wife and three kids. I’m already having to make tweaks in many different decks every month for Warhammer : Invasion and Game of Thrones as the expansion packs come out so maybe a simplified deck building process would be okay. If the game play is great and there’s still enough variety I’m sure I’ll learn to live with it.

#2 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

My strategy for this game has been, and will continue to be, simply to follow the persevering words of Edmond Dantes, the Count of Monte Cristo: "Bide your time, and hold out hope." 

#3 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

This whole experience for me has felt like a roller coaster ride! More like Disney's Tower of Terror ride.

UP – It’s a co-op/SOLO LCG. I was very excited for this. Finally! A Star Wars card game I can actually play and not just buy to collect dust!!!

DOWN – They’re scraping the original design and going back to the drawing board.

DOWN – It comes out at GenCon that it is now a PvP game.

NEITHER/UP – It’s not a recreation / reimagining of Decipher’s Star Wars CCG. I never wanted it to be. I love SWCCG, but I didn't want the same thing.

NEITHER/DOWN – Eric Lang is one of the designers and I really like Warhammer : Invasion LCG and Game of Thrones LCG. Remember, the WotC Star Wars game was made by the creator of Magic the Gathering and we saw how that turned out…

DOWN – You can’t include the best 60 cards in your deck but have to build your deck with pods of 6 cards (1 objective + 5 fixed cards for the draw deck).

DOWN - Token overload

DOWN - Starships fighting people, being blocked by Droids, etc.

For me it's been all downhill since they canceled the release of the Solo/Co-op version.

#4 Pericles

Pericles

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

herozeromes said:

This whole experience for me has felt like a roller coaster ride! More like Disney's Tower of Terror ride.

UP – It’s a co-op/SOLO LCG. I was very excited for this. Finally! A Star Wars card game I can actually play and not just buy to collect dust!!!

DOWN – They’re scraping the original design and going back to the drawing board.

DOWN – It comes out at GenCon that it is now a PvP game.

NEITHER/UP – It’s not a recreation / reimagining of Decipher’s Star Wars CCG. I never wanted it to be. I love SWCCG, but I didn't want the same thing.

NEITHER/DOWN – Eric Lang is one of the designers and I really like Warhammer : Invasion LCG and Game of Thrones LCG. Remember, the WotC Star Wars game was made by the creator of Magic the Gathering and we saw how that turned out…

DOWN - Token overload

DOWN - Starships fighting people, being blocked by Droids, etc.

For me it's been all downhill since they canceled the release of the Solo/Co-op version.

This!  So much this!

"Chug... Chug... Chug..."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS