Worlds

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 kamacausey

kamacausey

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:19 AM

So where is all the info about coc worlds? All I know is that it is in november and its at the fantasy flight event center.

#2 TheProfessor

TheProfessor

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

Here is one of the announcements:

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3405

#3 badash56

badash56

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

Speaking of Worlds…..anyone have a decent hotel suggestion for that area?  Anything near the event center maybe?

#4 AUCodeMonkey

AUCodeMonkey

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:45 AM

We stayed at Embassy Suites in downtown St. Paul when we went up there. I'd definitely recommend something around there, because it was about a 15-20 minute drive to both the Mall of America and the FFG Event Center, and the area is gorgeous.

#5 Magnus Arcanis

Magnus Arcanis

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

Should see if we can get some sort of group rate.

Bonus points if we can designate an unofficial "Cthulhu Hotel."

#6 badash56

badash56

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

"Cthulhu Hotel" - now we're talking.  I think I will have to fly in…..18 hour car ride doesn't sound too exciting.  I'm guessing a car rental might be needed.  If we designate Hotel Cthulhu we could probably car pool?

#7 kamacausey

kamacausey

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

I think fantasy flight has 2 different hotels that are both1 block away from the event center. We should all stay at one of those.

#8 Hellfury

Hellfury

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

badash56 said:

Speaking of Worlds…..anyone have a decent hotel suggestion for that area?  Anything near the event center maybe?

There are two hotels within 1 block of the event center.

Days inn and Radisson. I think that have event rates during FFG events. I suggest emailing Jaffer Batica to ask about specifics.

#9 badash56

badash56

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:47 AM

Thanks Hellfury!  Well the Radisson clearly looks much nicer than the Days Inn, but almost double the price.  I will probably go with the Days Inn just to save some extra cash.

#10 Magnus Arcanis

Magnus Arcanis

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:14 AM

badash56 said:

"Cthulhu Hotel" - now we're talking.  I think I will have to fly in…..18 hour car ride doesn't sound too exciting.  I'm guessing a car rental might be needed.  If we designate Hotel Cthulhu we could probably car pool.

I'm defiantely flying in as well so I'd certainly be up for a car pool.

Hotel makes no difference to me as to which one. Nicer place is a nicer time, but cash savings is always good esepcially if it's actually double. =/

#11 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

I'd go for the cheaper one - my reasoning being that I'll be gone all day and all I'm going to do in the hotel is sleep.

But, I don't think I'll be able to make it anyway so my vote doesn't count for much.  That weekend also happens to be our wedding anniversary and I'm pretty sure my wife would prefer that I don't spend it flying across country to play card games :)

#12 badash56

badash56

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:49 AM

Looking at Expedia, the Days Inn is showing about $55 a night.  The Radisson is at $118.  Radisson looks MUCH nicer though, so you'll get what you pay for I'd imagine.

#13 kamacausey

kamacausey

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

If I end up flying in where is the nearest airport to the event center and how far away is it?

#14 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

I think that would be Minneapolis.

#15 kamacausey

kamacausey

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

so how far is roseville from minneapolis?

#16 badash56

badash56

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

Looking at google maps, it seems about 12 miles from the airport to Roseville.  

#17 Hellfury

Hellfury

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

Flying in, you will land at MSP airport. I recommend taking the light rail to north to down town Minneapolis and then picking up a cab to your hotel from there (assuming you plan to stay close to the event center). This will save you a bundle of money unless the hotel you are staying at has a good shuttle service rate from the airport.

For people flying in who are nervous about getting lost in town, you can PM me and we can exchange numbers so that you can have a safety net to get you to where you need to go in case the situation goes south for you. Always good to have a friend when a stranger in a strange land.

There are also plenty of food options close by the the event center, ranging from fast food all the way to vegetarian healthfood for the more conscientious. They are about 4 blocks away, so they are technically within walking distance as well. Public transportation also goes to within 1 block of the event center if such is needed.

#18 badash56

badash56

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

I went ahead and booked the Days Inn.  Got a rental car also if anyone needs a ride.

#19 badash56

badash56

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

Giving this a bump.

This is coming up quick!  Who else is going?  I'll be in Thursday afternoon.

#20 Thorongil

Thorongil

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

I think I'll be available for a game or two on Thursday evening.

Not all those who wander are lost.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS