PDF Character Sheets?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 BrashFink

BrashFink

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Just looked on the "Support" section of the main game webpage, nothing there. I assume at some point there will be a download for this. I am not really wanting to destroy the spine of my book to photocopy this.

Actually, one for the dice face templates on page 222 would be nice too.

#2 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

I'd imagine that they'll put these up soon. :) Hopefully.

"Beg for your life. No, doing so won't save you - but it will make your death more amusing to watch."
- Vago the Hutt; Star Wars: Edge of the Empire

#3 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

I asked this at the show and yeah, I think this is in the plan. Definitely a good idea to help support us beta testers =)

#4 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

I asked this at the show and yeah, I think this is in the plan. Definitely a good idea to help support us beta testers =)

#5 BrashFink

BrashFink

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

I assume your double post means you are having issues with the forum today to? Keeps timing out, pages take forever to load or just half load. Wonder if the site is getting hammered today due to weekend news.

#6 Gobbo

Gobbo

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

I hope the Ship record sheet they mention as "in the back of this book" that is not there shows up in the Support section too….

#7 BrashFink

BrashFink

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

HAHA Really? I have not seen that yet.

#8 GoblynByte

GoblynByte

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

So far the only reference I've seen to the ship sheet is for the Obligation chart.  Certainly not vital, but I'd still love to see what that ship record looks like.

#9 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

Great suggestion. Hopefully we'll see both PDFs soon.

#10 Cavernous

Cavernous

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

I actually have all ready scanned and have both the character sheet and one of the dice faces with two sets of the dice faces on a single page in pdf.  I don't know if I can share them with people or put them up on here?

#11 Musclewizard

Musclewizard

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

Cavernous said:

I actually have all ready scanned and have both the character sheet and one of the dice faces with two sets of the dice faces on a single page in pdf.  I don't know if I can share them with people or put them up on here?

Usually it says something like

"Permission granted to photocopy for personal use. © somethingsomething" at the bottom of the character sheet. I'm not sure if uploading it to a forum constitutes personal use though.
Personally I really doubt that you'll get into trouble over sharing an empty character sheet that should be avaible anyway but I'm no lawyer.

#12 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

Cavernous said:

I doubt you'd get in trouble, though technically it's not your property and so you don't have rights to share or distribute it, even though eventually it will be provided for free with no purchase necessary to download. Though I suppose legally it would depend on whether the material on the sheet is copyrighted.

If it's physically part of the book, it'd be included in that book's copyright statement, but perhaps the sheet itself has an explicit copyright statement saying what you can and can't do with it?

#13 Cavernous

Cavernous

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

It says you can photocopy for personal use.  Also that you can go to fantasy flight and download the pdf which I guess is not working yet.  So I figure until they get it up it should not be a big deal.   If they want to use mine to put up I would be more than willing to give them my scans to put in the right spot, just need to know who to give it too.

#14 usgrandprix

usgrandprix

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:47 AM

They are up on the site now.

#15 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:10 AM

Boom goes the thermal detonator.

#16 BrashFink

BrashFink

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

Sweet… already started making one that you can fill out.

#17 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:43 AM

Dude, I want that.

#18 BrashFink

BrashFink

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

Hmmm Let me do some cross platform testing then on it. I guess I will have to change my font to a more generic one.

#19 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

I'd say first and foremost, go for clear and readable. The fonts in the EotE rulebook are really nice for that, in fact.

#20 Damocles346

Damocles346

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

Any progress on this yet? I might have a player joining by digital means, and having a sheet that they can fill out and send me a copy would be wonderful. :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS