First attempt at weathering/rust effects

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

Hey, after receiving Grand'ma in Premium Edition and seeing some great stuff from some of you guys I decided to try my hand at weathering and rusting my medium walkers.  It is really clumsy but the effect will be enough for my use and play sessions.

I used sponge and first applied a dark brown on some spots.  Then added some lighter/orange tinted brown to accentuate the effect and finished with some Griphonne Sepia wash to add some more effects.

MEDIUM ALLIES WALKERS

AXIS MEDIUM WALKERS

Now that I get how to do this i'll try to get better at it!

Thanks for looking! :)

#2 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

Very nice work. Now base them and you will have some great minis !!! Thanks for sharing.

#3 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

mgentile7 said:

Very nice work. Now base them and you will have some great minis !!! Thanks for sharing.

Yeah i'm so lazy that I ordered some cracked ice bases from Dust Games :P

#4 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

SolennelBern said:

mgentile7 said:

Yeah i'm so lazy that I ordered some cracked ice bases from Dust Games :P

Nothing wrong with that they do look good. I have some many i dont want to waste money on bases plus i play a lot of city board games so I base with rubble.

#5 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

Here are some examples of my typical basing style:

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS