Are pilots ship-specific?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 2BitGeek

2BitGeek

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

In other words, can Salm fly an X-wing? or Vader/Steele fly a TIE Fighter instead of TIE Advanced?

Just wondering, because I'm not particularly interested in the TIE Fighter expansion (I'd like to put my $$ towards other ships since two come with the core set) and I'm wondering how flexible any TIEs would be without that specific expansion. 

Thanks!

#2 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

Yes, pilots are ship-specific. Each pilot card has a symbol of the ship they fly on the card. Luke cannot fly a TIE advanced.

#3 Nicco

Nicco

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

pilots are tied to a ship, however, upgrades are not. upgrades are tied to a pilot so you can have certain upgrades like proton torpedoes on either an X-Wing or a Y-Wing. 

#4 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

Nicco said:

pilots are tied to a ship, however, upgrades are not. upgrades are tied to a pilot so you can have certain upgrades like proton torpedoes on either an X-Wing or a Y-Wing. 

or a Tie Advanced?

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

No torpedoes on the TIE advanced currently. All of the TIE pilots have a missile icon instead of a torpedo icon.

#6 bsmith13

bsmith13

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

R5Don4 said:

Nicco said:

or a Tie Advanced?

R5Don4 said:

Nicco said:

or a Tie Advanced?

No, not any ship can carry proton torpedoes.  The upgrades available to a given pilot are listed in the bottom bar of the card.  A standard TIE can't carry anything, but A TIE Advanced can carry concussion missiles or cluster missiles…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS