online enhancements?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eddie1969

Eddie1969

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

Will the new RPG be supported by online enhancements, just like WotC had?

#2 Amani

Amani

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

Most likely they will focus on regular book releases and maybe POD expansions. That seems to be in line with what I've experienced from FFG. I don't think I've ever seen them release enhancement game material but they have release some thematic elements like vignettes on occasion.

#3 Eddie1969

Eddie1969

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

Thanks! That'll save me a lot of ink!!!

(I am new to FFG. I am an avid Star Wars book-collector and have all the RPGs from the past… even though I have never played the game: not too many enthusiasts here in the Netherlands, at least not where I live)

#4 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

Do you mean free things? FFG do release some free extra PDFs online, but they do tend to focus on actual books most of the time.

Also, the licence with LucasFilm/Arts/whatever actually disallows PDFs for the RPG, so that might well factor into whether they're legally allowed to release free stuff online (that aren't character sheets and eratta, at least).

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#5 Gobbo

Gobbo

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

Lucas Films [apparently] according to the FFG staffer I talked too, will not allow PDFs of the game to be sold/produced.  It should be all printed books.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS