dead acolytes being 'gilded up'?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The Laughing God

The Laughing God

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

curse the lack of a good and proper index in almost every Dark Heresy book!

Where can I find information on the practice of acolytes being 'gilded up' on their deaths, their names sent to the Emperor or something along those lines?

thanks!

Show me ... everything!

#2 Mellon

Mellon

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

There are books where the names of dead acolytes are written down. Some of these books are kept at bastion serpentis. Some inquisitors keep their own books. Once such a book is written full of names from cover to cover, it is folded in gold and sent to Holy Terra to be placed in the throneroom of the Emperor, so that thos who died in his service can always be in his precense as a reward.

At least that is the story that is told to the acolytes who go for suicidaly dangerous missions. As usual with anything concerning the Inquisition it probably somewhat true, but I doubt all inquisitors want to leave that sort of paper trail for the other inquisitors to see.

#3 The Laughing God

The Laughing God

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

yes that ! do you have a book and page number reference?

Show me ... everything!

#4 Mellon

Mellon

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:02 AM

Ha. Found it!

Dark Heresy page 283 (at least in the first pre-errata printrun of the book). Fittingly, it is the very last paragraph of chapter X, the Inquisition :-)

#5 The Laughing God

The Laughing God

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

thanks!

I can never find a goddamn thing in these books

Show me ... everything!

#6 Mellon

Mellon

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:01 AM

You are welcome!

I would very much like to have all the books and info in searchable digital formats, but it's simply not worth the effort to scan my books in OCR-worthy quality and nowhere on the net can I find any digitalized versions that are properly searchable :-/

Some 40k-wikis are rather useful for info about the world. http://wh40k.lexican.../wiki/Main_Page is my favourite.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS