Need some Help. I'am lost

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wartrick

wartrick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

I'am father, student, a worker and a DM. I'am begin to be completly lost in all the books, talents, weapons, skills and class and so, and so…

I really think it's time for FFG to build a caracter assistant for all the 40k RPG book. This begin to be to heavy. Like the one for GURPS. I will glady pay 50$ to download and really facilitate my job as a DM.

When I prepare a game for my players I begin to be lost in the talent list. For example I plan to put the avatar of Kaine for a final rival in a grand endeavor. By playing once a mouth I do not remember all the specification of all the talent. In the Koronus bestiary the list is to tight (graphicaly) and to long. This is impossible to play. I can not play the Avatar correctly. I must spend lot of time to re-write all the talent and the think they do in the main book.

I beg FFG to build a caracter assistant.

Your 40k setting is begin to be to heavy, to complexe…

One of my player suggest to re-start a campaing in GURPS. GURPS seem more complex, but he is more flexible for the DM.

FFG must turn on a more "computer" and "tablet" support. Or you will be eating alive by those how do.

Note: My english is not perfect, I'am a french canadien.

#2 wolph42

wolph42

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Have a look at the "dark reign 40k" website (just google it). There is a download section with a lot of tools and writing to support both players and gms. Maybe there is something there that will help you now.

#3 wartrick

wartrick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

Thanks, I find 2 good exell sheet for caracter creation and ship build… But I still think FFG must build a real caracter assistant creation with the description of all talent and skill… This will realy facilitate the game.

#4 wolph42

wolph42

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

wartrick said:

Thanks, I find 2 good exell sheet for caracter creation and ship build… But I still think FFG must build a real caracter assistant creation with the description of all talent and skill… This will realy facilitate the game.

you're welcome. I know there is also  a talent description doc on that website (downloaded it myself), AFAIK it does not contain the skills. But then I also know of another xls that contains skills, talents, traits, psy powers, faith and their descriptions as well. So I guess you haven't looked hard enough :D

that is not to say that I fully agree with you that FFG should come with some proper guide tools, like the GM screen

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS