Star Wars Dice App is up!

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 ValiantOne

ValiantOne

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

Noticed the Star wars dice app is on Android shop/Google play. It is NOT free. Picked it up, it is pretty fancy, sound effects and all… Cost 4.99, a little steep when it was said it would be released for free… Seems to be a nifty little helper however. Gives a nice preview of the Star Wars RPG dice. Discuss!

"The only thing needed for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing..."

#2 jordiver2

jordiver2

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Detail oriented and all that, no one officially said free. Jay Little stated 5 bucks, listed some reasons it wasn't 1 or 2 bucks, then threatened people with Stormtroopers. I'm not making this up.

#3 ValiantOne

ValiantOne

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

jordiver2 said:

Detail oriented and all that, no one officially said free. Jay Little stated 5 bucks, listed some reasons it wasn't 1 or 2 bucks, then threatened people with Stormtroopers. I'm not making this up.

I thought it was to be free…my mistake.  Thanks for the correction! Very funny about what Jay said, by the way…lmao

#4 daddystabz

daddystabz

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Where is it? I don't see it! Is it in the Apple store?

#5 daddystabz

daddystabz

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

Nothing for Iphone users???

#6 ValiantOne

ValiantOne

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

ValiantOne said:

Noticed the Star wars dice app is on Android shop/Google play. It is NOT free. Picked it up, it is pretty fancy, sound effects and all… Cost 4.99, a little steep when it was said it would be released for free… Seems to be a nifty little helper however. Gives a nice preview of the Star Wars RPG dice. Discuss!

Just a heads up…

Dice app includes dice for the minatures game, "regular" dice (D20, D12, D10…ect), and of course the Star Wars RPG dice.

:)

#7 daddystabz

daddystabz

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

Is this available for Iphone?

#8 ValiantOne

ValiantOne

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

daddystabz said:

Is this available for Iphone?

I don't own an Apple device, so I could not tell you. Not meaning to be rude, but have you searched the Apple App store? I found it (on the Android App store) under "Star Wars Dice"… It may not be up yet on the Apple App store, I just could not tell you. Sorry!

#9 NathanPButler

NathanPButler

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

I'm not seeing it on the Apple App Store, unless I'm just not using the right search terms.

It is entirely possible, though, that the Apple release will take a bit. Apple has to approve all App Store products, and it took literally months for the latest edition of Shadow Era to be approved by Apple after being submitted.

#10 daddystabz

daddystabz

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

I guess no joy for us Apple peeps.  I haven't been able to find it in the app store.

#11 Hunterindarkness

Hunterindarkness

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

From the vid I watched from Gencon i thought he said free as well. He did say "Android app", so they may well not have an Iphone version.

#12 UndeadToast

UndeadToast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

I love it! i especially like that it has the RPG, X Wing and regular a dice set. Everyone is complaining on the forums about the cost of these unique dice. I just got all the dice I'll ever need for $4.99.

Thank you Fantasy Flight Games.

#13 NathanPButler

NathanPButler

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

Hunterindarkness said:

From the vid I watched from Gencon i thought he said free as well. He did say "Android app", so they may well not have an Iphone version.

The beta page on this very website says iOS and Android, not just Android.

Speaking of which, what is the Android app's actual name? I'm not finding it when searching with my phone.

#14 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

NathanPButler said:

Hunterindarkness said:

The beta page on this very website says iOS and Android, not just Android.

Speaking of which, what is the Android app's actual name? I'm not finding it when searching with my phone.

It's under "Star Wars Dice".

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#15 NathanPButler

NathanPButler

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

MILLANDSON said:

Hunterindarkness said:

Well, crap. It looks like it is one that only works with certain versions of Android. Like with Shadow Era, my Android phone can't even see it in the store due to its OS version. I guess I'm waiting on the iOS version.

#16 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

NathanPButler said:

MILLANDSON said:

Hunterindarkness said:

Well, crap. It looks like it is one that only works with certain versions of Android. Like with Shadow Era, my Android phone can't even see it in the store due to its OS version. I guess I'm waiting on the iOS version.

Are you sure? My phone is only at Android 2.2.2, and I can see it fine.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#17 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

It takes 4 weeks for apple to vette an new app or an update to one, the google marketplace isn't moderated so you can just put things up instantly.

#18 Bfett

Bfett

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

I actually asked while at the FF booth at GenCon and the response I received was that the iOS version was submitted Friday (the 17th) and is waiting approval by Apple.  So hoping it will be arriving soon.  Hope that helps!

#19 KjetilKverndokken

KjetilKverndokken

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

My Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo hangs up all the time with this app… so… well. Hope they fix it soon.

#20 KjetilKverndokken

KjetilKverndokken

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:55 AM

Or rather, if i go into any part of the app that is not rolling, it freezez…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS